Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Fanstream reveals - SG, Velocitron, RED

Default Transformers Fanstream reveals - SG, Velocitron, RED

New toys revealed this morning. Photos and more info here: https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/06/23/...nd-more-458963

Velocitron Speedia Collection includes:
    Deluxe Class Blurr (based on IDW version, remold of Studio Series toy)
    Deluxe Diaclone Universe Burnout (redeco of Skids with Crosscut's head, a she)
    Deluxe G2 Universe Road Rocket (redo of Legacy Arcee)
    Deluxe Diaclone Universe Clampdown (redo of Kingdom Red Alert)
    Deluxe G1 Cosmos (new!)
    Voyager Road Hauler (redeco of Earthrise Grapple)
    Voyager Override (Cybertron character, new toy)
    Leader Robots in Disguise Scourge (black version of Legacy Laser Prime)

Shattered Glass
    Slicer (version of Earthrise/Kingdom Wheeljack) with a Fasttrack redeco (that can become a vehicle like Slicer's powersuit)

RED
    Prime Megatron
    Prime Optimus Prime

Image from @markclonis on Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CfJ4iuwu...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited by Paulbot; 24th June 2022 at 10:41 PM.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Cosmos and Slicer thanks. Other than that I'll be saving money it seems.

Slicer will be the first Shattered Glass for me, however he's really just Action Master goodness.... speaking of, where's our Action Master coloured Mainframe?

More RED figures we can't get locally

and Cosmos, Woo!! I'd like to see more pics, however from what we've seen he looks pretty special. While I don't want/need the flag, it's a pretty funny riff on Mario Kart that he's the announcer/official.

I like the whole Velocitron set. It’s very much that cross-‘generation’ thing that I’d want Legacy to be. I’d prefer Cosmos to have a shorter alt mode but the robot mode is very good.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

"Diaclone Universe Clampdown". Well well. I knew the toy was coming (pictures have leaked, after all), never thought they'd actually put Diaclone in the name. Just a shame they're starting this when they've pretty much run out of Diaclone versions to re-make

Prime Arcee didn't work for me, but I'm really liking the look of Road Rocket there, and I was not expecting that.

Burnout will of course join Clampdown and the others in my Dialcone section.

Cosmos, though, is the one I really wanted to see. Looks effing awesome (although those arms are definitely going to need fillers). Really happy with this one. And there's another minibot brought up to date. Only ten to go, and 3 of those will be minor re-tools and re-colours.

(so busy with stuff yesterday, I didn't see this stuff until the evening, and then I was too tired to host images and post them up)

That's a lot of toys in a single reveal.
    Everything except the Shattered Glass toy will be Walmart exclusives in America (I will ask if they are coming here - the RED toys won't). It is a shame that we have new moulds as Walmart exclusives, because they hold on to their exclusive ownership of those moulds for a year or so... which is why the Netflix Bumblebee as a VW wasn't used later in the Buzzworthy Bumblebee 4-pack, because it was going to be at Target.
    The Shattered Glass "Exosuit" is an odd addition, as it isn't given a proper name (is it sentient?), and is only included for a very weak homage to the vehicle that came with the original Actionmaster Slicer.
    And RED Thundercracker... do we ever get Skywarp before Thundercracker from the redecos of Starscream toys?
    The reissue of Maverick should be identical to the original release of the toy, but comes in a brand new box that has the new release date of the movie, and some different artworks.

Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection
    - LDR Robots in Disguise 2000 Universe Scourge (black Legacy Laser Optimus)
    - VOY Override (new race car)
    - VOY Road Hauler (green ER Grapple)
    - DLX Diaclone Universe Burn Out (black Legacy Skids)
    - DLX G2 Universe Road Rocket (red Legacy Arcee)
    - DLX Blurr (remould SS-86 Blurr)
    - DLX Diaclone Universe Clampdown (white KD Red Alert)
    - DLX Autobot Cosmos (new flying saucer)

Shattered Glass
    - - - Series 2
    - Decepticon Slicer & Exosuit - grey/blue redeco KD Wheeljack & red redeco ER Fasttrack)

Transformers Collaborations/Crossovers
    - Top Gun - Maverick (F-14 fighter jet) - re-release in new packaging (noting new movie release date)

Robot Enhanced Design (R.E.D.)
    ----- Wave 7
    - Megatron (new - TFPrime - Decep)
    - Optimus Prime (new - TFPrime - Auto)
    - Thundercracker (redeco Starscream Gen1 - Decep)

Images from the tfw link in the first post.

The official reveal was left until the last minute for some reason, as the RED toys were found in Taiwan a few hours before the official reveal. As such, we have some in-hand pics already of the Prime leaders.

Also, from the instagram postings of the Hasbro designers, the one who worked on Road Hauler said this...

Road Hauler has a bright color pallet from his original G1 release, so I tried to carry a lot of that influence through out this updated figure design, a make sure that he stood out from the fleet of previous releases. As a Decepticon turned Autobot, he has a classic Constructicon feel to him.
    I don't think he has been a Transformers fan for very long if he thinks that a green Grapple was released during Gen1... and he is following the Legends comic concept of Road Hauler being a Constructicon.

G1 release is just a shorthand for the Road Hailer toy that was a G1 toy even if not released pre92, and didn’t that toy say he was a Constructicon?

Thanks for adding the other photos. Very hard to do from a mobile!

Don't care for the Red stuff, all other figures are fine. Really like the Slicer. Is he only in shattered glass? Its a colour combination I have not seen before on a toy.

Is Maverick any different to the original release?

Cosmos looks really funky Think we will get a blue redeco?

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Pre-orders for the entire Velocitron line went up on The Falcon's Hangar today.

On Instagram from one of the Hasbro designers, some commentary and images for Slicer...

Shattered glass Slicer and his Weaponizer Exosuit should find a spot in your collection, if you haven’t already, go preorder this cool team up to fill out your heroic decepticon army! But wait, he is a good guy…bad guy…no…another reason to purchase this lovely bot an get a copy of IDW’s new comic issue from the Shattered Glass series.
    As some may know, Im into the old TF toyline action masters, so when the opportunity came to do a SG version of our beloved Wheeljack, I had to take a look back at the fabulous Botcon rendition that I believe @artguy101 had a hand in making.
    I really was on board with what they did but I really wanted to pay homage to how awesome transformers with vehicles or “exosuits” were, especially coming off of the great success of weaponizer’s in Siege, I felt there needed to be a marriage here.
    You will also see some concept art where I used alot of inspiration from energon downshifts weaponry, as that was the og mold for the botcon toy.
    Yuki san at TT made it really come to life by adding in the articulation aspect to the weapons.
    You can also see how I first thought a custom built mech suit from Cog would of been the move but no no, a 6wd off road weaponizer vehicle won me over. Especially because I wanted my Black Zarak to sport a Transformable spear.
    More soon my fellow cybertronians!! Enjoy!
    He says that he is a fan of Actionmasters, but some how got this one a little wrong, by having it in Shattered Glass. This blue deco of Wheeljack was a Decepticon called Slicer in Actionmasters, so if this one is called Slicer and is a Decepticon, it shouldn't be packed as part of Shattered Glass.
    And if it was part of Shattered Glass, this blue deco in Shattered Glass is "evil Autobot Wheeljack", but this toy has a Decepticon logo on it, so can't be Wheeljack.
    I think the designer has been confused by FunPub retconning their BotCon 2010 Actionmaster Slice homage toy, into Shattered Glass Wheeljack without changing its name.

Is it a homage to Actionmaster Slicer? No, because it is a Decepticon in Shattered Glass universe.
    Is it a homage to Mirrorverse Wheeljack? No, because it is not an Autobot.
    I don't get it... these types of toys are only created as "Fan service" and don't have to fit into a main retail toyline theme, but was he doing too much by trying to homage both characters and toys with this one toy, when he should have just stuck with giving us an accurate homage to just one of them.
    I'm one of those few actionmaster fans, and have wanted homages of the toys that new characters in the Actionmasters toyline, so this one doesn't feel right to me, and the BotCon 2010 toy will remain as the only real Gen1 Slicer homage.

And I still don't get the reason for including Fasttrack with a "Fan-mode" that he is calling a vehicle... and not giving it a proper, as if "Exosuit" is a mindless drone.

Last edited by griffin; 16th July 2022 at 02:57 PM.