Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Collaborative: Tonka Mash-Up, Tonkanator

Default Transformers Collaborative: Tonka Mash-Up, Tonkanator

Listed here: https://stores.comichub.com/big_bang...nkanator-combi

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: Transformers robots have always More Than Meets the Eye, but now fans can experience Transformers characters as they mash-up with iconic characters who share this same quality

TRANSFORMERS-TONKA MASH-UP: Built to take on the toughest jobs! Mega Dozer, Power Digger, Motorload, Skyhook, Mega Hauler, and Motormix combine to form the mighty Tonkanator!

INSPIRED BY TONKA: Each action figure converts from robot to construction vehicle mode in 4-5 steps. Combine the 6 Autobot toys to form the heroic Autobot warrior Tonkanator!

AWESOME DETAIL AND ACCESSORIES: Features classic yellow deco inspired by Tonka construction toys. Comes with 2 launchers, 4 missiles, and 8 blaster accessories. Includes 6 sticker sheets to customize figures

SPECIAL RETRO PACKAGING: Packaging is inspired by the original retro Transformers packaging from the 1980's

Would never happen with something like this, but I wish Mega Dozer, Power Digger, Motorload, Skyhook, Mega Hauler, and Motormix had different/new heads.

I'm guessing this is Project Yellow.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

This feels like an April 1st joke.... and it feels like the wrong set of Constructicons, as I think the Combiner Wars set would have made more sense (big sturdy toys, that you'd get from Tonka, not these small, frail, flimsy toys that you can't be too rough with).

I guess the names are...

Mega Dozer - Bonecrusher
    Power Digger - Scavenger
    Motorload - Scrapper
    Skyhook - Hook
    Mega Hauler - Long Haul
    Motormix - Mixmaster
    Tonkanator - Devastator

Also revealed at the same time were two more Collaborative sets - the Japanese Street Fighter 2-packs from 2018. The toys look like they will be identical, but should have completely new packaging (as the original was mostly Japanese).

Transformers Collaborative: Tonka Mash-Up – Tonkanator (Target Exclusive)
    Transformers robots have always been — More Than Meets the Eye — but now, through the Transformers Collaborative, fans can experience these larger than life characters as they team-up, mash-up, and meet up with other characters, teams, and people who share this same special quality.
    Worlds collide in this Transformers-Tonka mash-up pack! Enemies don’t stand a chance when you’re built to take on the toughest jobs! Tonka construction vehicles take on new forms as Transformers robots that combine to form the mighty Tonkanator! Figures convert from robot to construction vehicle mode in 4-5 steps. Autobot Mega Dozer converts to bulldozer mode, Power Digger converts to digger mode, Autobot Skyhook converts to crane mode, Mega Hauler converts to mighty dump truck mode, Motormix converts to cement mixer mode, and Motor Load converts to front end loader mode. Features classic yellow deco inspired by Tonka construction toys. Comes with 6 sticker sheets, 2 launchers, 4 missiles, and 8 blaster accessories.
    Transformers, Tonka, and Hasbro are all related trademarks and logos are trademarks of Hasbro, Inc. © 2022 Hasbro.
    Includes: 6 figures, 15 accessories, 6 sticker sheets, and instructions.
    Figure scale: 18 inches
    Ages 8 and up
    Warning: Choking Hazard – Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.

• MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: Transformers robots have always More Than Meets the Eye, but now fans can experience Transformers characters as they mash-up with iconic characters who share this same quality

• TRANSFORMERS-TONKA MASH-UP: Built to take on the toughest jobs! Mega Dozer, Power Digger, Motorload, Skyhook, Mega Hauler, and Motormix combine to form the mighty Tonkanator!

• INSPIRED BY TONKA: Each action figure converts from robot to construction vehicle mode in 4-5 steps. Combine the 6 Autobot toys to form the heroic Autobot warrior Tonkanator!

• AWESOME DETAIL AND ACCESSORIES: Features classic yellow deco inspired by Tonka construction toys. Comes with 2 launchers, 4 missiles, and 8 blaster accessories. Includes 6 sticker sheets to customize figures

• SPECIAL RETRO PACKAGING: Packaging is inspired by the original retro Transformers packaging from the 1980s

Transformers Collaborative: Street Fighter II Mash-Up – Optimus Prime Ryu vs. Megatron M. Bison Action Figures (Target Exclusive)
    Transformers robots have always been — More Than Meets the Eye — but now, through the Transformers Collaborative, fans can experience these larger than life characters as they team-up, mash-up, and meet up with other characters, teams, and people who share this same special quality.
    Worlds collide in this Transformers X Street Fighter II mash-up pack! Optimus Prime and Megatron take their legendary rivalry to the competitive fighting video game, Street Fighter II! Both figures are Triple Changers. Optimus Prime [Ryu] figure converts between robot, truck, and jet modes. Megatron [M. Bison] figure converts between robot, tank, and jet modes. Figures feature deco inspired by the classic characters from the Street Fighter II video game. Comes with sword, blaster, fusion cannon, and 2 Headmaster accessories that convert into larger toys’ heads.
    Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.
    ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    [PRODUCT INCLUDES LIST]
    Includes: 2 figures, 3 accessories, and instructions.
    Figure scale: 7 inches
    Ages 15 and up

• MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: Transformers robots have always been– More Than Meets the Eye–but now fans can experience Transformers characters as they mash-up with iconic characters who share this same quality

• TRANSFORMERS X STREET FIGHTER II MASH-UP: Round 1…Fight! Optimus Prime and Megatron take their legendary rivalry to the competitive fighting video game, Street Fighter II

• INSPIRED BY STREET FIGHTER II: Both figures are Triple Changers! Optimus Prime [Ryu] figure converts between robot, truck, and jet modes. Megatron [M. Bison] figure converts between robot, tank, and jet modes

• PLAYER SELECT: Figures feature deco inspired by the classic characters from the Street Fighter II video game. Comes with sword, blaster, fusion cannon, and 2 Headmaster accessories that convert into larger toys’ heads

• SPECIAL PACKAGING: In honor of the 35th anniversary of Street Fighter, packaging is inspired by the classic video game

Transformers Collaborative: Street Fighter II Mash-Up – Autobot Hot Rod Ken vs. Arcee Chun-Li Action Figure (Target Exclusive)
    Worlds collide in this Transformers X Street Fighter II mash-up pack! It’s Autobot vs. Autobot as Hot Rod and Arcee take their impressive battle skills in the competitive fighting video game, Street Fighter II! Autobot Hot Rod [Ken] figure converts between robot and racecar modes. Arcee [Chun-Li] figure converts between robot and sports car modes. Figures feature deco inspired by the classic characters from the Street Fighter II video game. Comes with 4 blasters, 2 swords, and a Headmaster accessory that converts into Autobot Hot Rod toy’s head.
    Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.
    ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    Includes: 2 figures, 3 accessories, and instructions.
    Figure scale: 7 inches
    Ages 8 and up

• MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: Transformers robots have always been — More Than Meets the Eye — but now fans can experience Transformers characters as they mash-up with iconic characters

• TRANSFORMERS X STREET FIGHTER II MASH-UP: Round 1…Fight! It’s Autobot vs. Autobot as Hot Rod and Arcee take their impressive battle skills in the competitive fighting video game, Street Fighter II

• INSPIRED BY STREET FIGHTER II: Autobot Hot Rod [Ken] figure converts between robot and racecar modes. Arcee [Chun-Li] figure converts between robot and sports car modes

• PLAYER SELECT: Figures feature deco inspired by the classic characters from the Street Fighter II video game. Comes with 4 blasters, 2 swords, and a Headmaster accessory that converts into Autobot Hot Rod toy’s head

• SPECIAL PACKAGING: In honor of the 35th anniversary of Street Fighter, packaging is inspired by the classic video game

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    not these small, frail, flimsy toys that you can't be too rough with).
    Given the state of the G1 Devastator mould as far as mould degradation goes I feel like G1 Devastator should be retired. Frail and flimsy describes the state of the combined mode well.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    .... and it feels like the wrong set of Constructicons, as I think the Combiner Wars set would have made more sense (big sturdy toys, that you'd get from Tonka
    Agree, and i think it would have been amazing if they upsized the Combiner Wars Constructicons for this TONKA collab.

Would have liked a constructicon coloured tonka truck as well

Oh well probably still buying it if it isn’t insanely priced, never been interested in getting a g1 Devastator but i loved my tonka trucks as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    Would have liked a constructicon coloured tonka truck as well

Oh well probably still buying it if it isn’t insanely priced, never been interested in getting a g1 Devastator but i loved my tonka trucks as a kid
    Its $130 American + postage from robotkingdom, but no doubt other retailers will have it cheaper. Being a niche item I don't see it being that difficult to find later on.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I like the idea, however I'd be happy with just another re-issue.

Dropped the ball on the last one.

As for combined mode, it's always been flimsy and fragile.

I kinda want this and I kinda don't.

Is this the only Autobot version of the mold?