Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: board update june 2022

Oh, and to really rub salt into the wound... the OZFORMERS domain registration transfer was finally completed today at 1pm... just a day or two too late.

So are we back or still upgrading?

It shouldn't be working yet, as I haven't changed the board software to use the database on the new server... so it must still be drawing on the old server's copy, and could disappear at any time (it disappeared a couple days before they were supposed to switch it off, so I haven't been checking the site since then).

I was going to be working on updating the settings over the weekend starting friday, but friday after work I started getting sick, from a non-covid virus (my third one in just 6 weeks), and have been stuck in bed all weekend... which is so typical.

For some unknown reason, for the last week when I bring up the board url, it was giving me "database error", so I have been trying (when I have the spare time) to figure out what was going on (digging around the new server host and its control panel)... and tonight I can access it again, but I see that people have been posting here for the last week.

So was I the only one seeing "database error" for the last week?

I had cleared out my cookies and history a couple days ago, so it wasn't that... I just don't get how these things keep happening, just to make everything so much more difficult - it means that I haven't been here to post up news and updates, and instead I've been worried sick thinking that I've been letting down everyone else here because I thought that the board had been offline for much of the last 3 weeks. (the first week I thought it was still drawing from the database at the old host, so I didn't want to waste too much time creating new posts in case they were all suddenly lost - but this board is definitely using the new host's copy of the database, because I could look into the actual database at the old host to see what the final registered post was, which was at 7.24pm on JUNE 27th.)

Now I have a lot of catching up to do... and still have to go through the hassle of upgrading the board soon (I've paid for the upgrade software, so it is wasted if it isn't being used).

I could see the board last night but couldn't this afternoon.
    ~

Ah, back from the dark side of the moon. I was getting the database error today.

I could visit the board the past few days and only received the database error from this morning. Glad the board is back now.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Same - error only today (and the other weekend).

I was getting Database Error for nearly 2 days.

There must be some settings that have changed in the background somewhere... or the new host (different php version) isn't as compatible with the database, as it was using a different version of php at the old host.

Every time I try to post up something with more than 3 or 4 URLs (links) in the post, I get a full-screen "404 error"... and I NEED to be able to post up lots of reference links in my news postings.
    (last night I had to remove a quoted link to allow the post to go through, and tonight I had to make two posts in the online sightings topic just to include all of the items I was wanting to post about)

I can't see anything in the board's admin options page about it, and I haven't seen anything on the hosting side of things that could cause it.
    (next time it happens, I'll see if it happens with a different type of browser, just in case it is a browser error, and not a board error)