Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redundent Tech

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Is Sanity actually closing or just moving online? They have great sales and stock, their Anime is better than JB's and I just bought some Harry Potter 3D puzzles from them.

I always buy my movies in 4K and anime on blu-ray so have a big collection. And parties is Apple Music to sound system. I sold all my CD's and DVD's
    The stores are closing. Midland now. Sure the others will follow. 75% off so 5.50 for movies cds etc. Limited stock left now

Stopped buying blu-rays around two years ago when I realised I don't have much time now so I don't rewatch movies as much as I used to. Never had CDs as I just downloaded the MP3s, a lot of the music I listen to is too niche to be on streaming services.

Gaming though, I highly prefer physical if possible on consoles (on PC, there is no choice but to use Steam, GOG etc), mainly due to cost as I can usually get physical for lower than sales on digital copies (given I play games years after their release), plus I can resell later to recoup some money as I don't usually replay most games. No difference in terms of downloading given every game has so many patches now so purely financial reason.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    Stopped buying blu-rays around two years ago when I realised I don't have much time now so I don't rewatch movies as much as I used to. Never had CDs as I just downloaded the MP3s, a lot of the music I listen to is too niche to be on streaming services.

Gaming though, I highly prefer physical if possible on consoles (on PC, there is no choice but to use Steam, GOG etc), mainly due to cost as I can usually get physical for lower than sales on digital copies (given I play games years after their release), plus I can resell later to recoup some money as I don't usually replay most games. No difference in terms of downloading given every game has so many patches now so purely financial reason.
    Big greedy game companies want to stamp out the 2nd hand market. Make it all digital so there are no cheap 2nd hand options

This is a good reason for me to never buy anything on a PlayStation.

https://www.techspot.com/news/95234-...ies-shows.html
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I never purchased anything from the sony playstation store, but I did rent titles for $6 and was a good blockbuster substitute for new releases.

People are loosing their independents to big corporations, they have all the control and can take it away at any time.

Sad state of affairs for younger generation but they wont know any better. Think of photos, do they have any in hand for their future children to see what their grandparents look like or themselves when younger?