Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP48+ Dark Amber (black) Leo Prime

Default MP48+ Dark Amber (black) Leo Prime

Revealed last week was one of the expected redecos of the recent Masterpiece Leo Prime toy... a black version to homage a limited edition version of the original Lioconvoy toy back in the late 1990s.

The product page at TakaraTomyMall has it scheduled for release in January 2023, for 22,000yen (about au$230).

With Hasbro releasing it to Western markets (in an english slip cover), it will be in America for about us$150 (about au$250) in May 2023... and Australia in late January 2023 for around $300 (at Amazon Australia and EBGames).

TakaraTomy have also released a comic for this toy on their site, which has a few unusual redecos included in the story to explain who he is and why he is black (another spawn of Unicron, but something is keeping him from turning evil).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    TakaraTomy have also released a comic for this toy on their site, which has a few unusual redecos included in the story to explain who he is and why he is black (another spawn of Unicron, but something is keeping him from turning evil).
    It's the spark of Leo Convoy in there that's doing it. WIP

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If I was ever put in charge of a Transformers cartoon... I would have a random episode where every character is coloured differently for some oddball McGuffin reason... Give TT a reason for a whole bunch of repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    If I was ever put in charge of a Transformers cartoon... I would have a random episode where every character is coloured differently for some oddball McGuffin reason... Give TT a reason for a whole bunch of repaints.
    I would like to see that, I'd do some whacky, disgusting colour combos too! Like the G1 Episode with Magnus and Cyclonus going through that thing.

On anther note, I finished the translation. Originally I slapped it on twitter, but coz I'm an idiot that hates social media platforms, I managed to mess up making a "thread" so it didn't go as smooth as I planned. THEN I spotted some typos and stuff. So.... fixed versions now here:

https://tetstoys.blogspot.com/2022/0...anslation.html

The second part of the comic is up on the TakaraTomy site... in Japanese, until Tets gets to translating it.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thanks very much Tets.

Great work as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    And here is my ever so classy, not controversial in the slightest 100% accurate withoutadoubt and no-one will complain about it translation of part two

https://tetstoys.blogspot.com/2022/0...anslation.html
    Do you have the 2022 Generations book, or have seen scans for it's included comic (several pages, featuring the Trainbots and Nightshadow).

If you don't, I can try to post up images of it (I will have to see if I can photograph the pages, as I don't want to destroy the book to get a flat scan of the pages... and my current computer uses windows 11 which can't use my scanner, so I would have to dig out my old computer to use it).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Do you have the 2022 Generations book, or have seen scans for it's included comic (several pages, featuring the Trainbots and Nightshadow).

If you don't, I can try to post up images of it (I will have to see if I can photograph the pages, as I don't want to destroy the book to get a flat scan of the pages... and my current computer uses windows 11 which can't use my scanner, so I would have to dig out my old computer to use it).
    No I don't, for some reason I've just not been feeling it for nabbing those book recently. A quick google didn't show them up to me either. If you don't mind whipping up some scans, I'll give them a crack.

@Kelpie:
    My pleasure, and thanks