• G1 Goldbug serious little dude

2 11.76%
  • Bayverse mute but rude warrior

0 0%
  • Prime's mute but polite warrior

1 5.88%
  • Animated's streetwise but not mute dude

2 11.76%
  • RID2015 frustrated leader (Rodimus+Sunstreaker?)

1 5.88%
  • Cyberverse 'Bee hey Windblade who am I again?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Favourite Bumblebee?

Question Favourite Bumblebee?

Of all the Autobots, Bumblebee is perhaps both the most beloved and divergent in each continuity - from frumpy little best mate in G1, to the mute Bayverse rude warrior, to the RID2015 frustrated leaderbot. Which 'bee be your favorite, and why?

What I liked about the original G1 bee was that he was a bit tubby but was valiant nonetheless. He looked after the fleshbags carefully and had a sense of humour. He was basically the kid brother of the Autobots and the big brother of their humans.

I prefer him over the "warrior" style bees, to me they seem a different character. I'd even suggest the RID2015 'bee was supposed to be Sunstreaker, Sideswipe's brother, but some TV dude figured the name "Bumblebee" was more marketable?

Like most people here, my favourite Bumblebee is G1 Bumblebee. But talking about him wouldn't be very interesting (which is likely why nobody else has bothered to comment on this thread). This is why I excluded G1 Optimus Prime on the Favourite Optimus Prime thread; for this super obvious reason. I'll be voting on "G1" Bumblebee for this poll, as that is what the poll question is asking, but I think it would be more interesting to talk about...

My Second Favourite Bumblebee

Aside from Generation 1, my second favourite Bumblebee would have to be Robots in Disguise Bumblebee. Reasons include:

• He's grown and developed as a character from TF Prime to RiD.

• He became Autobot commander via merit. He wasn't some pre-ordained Chosen One like Rodimus Prime; he worked his way to his position and was Prime's named successor (just as Ultra Magnus was in TFTM).

I would have preferred for Optimus Prime to not have returned in RID (although I love how Megatron never made a comeback; and at least OP was benched for the first season); but I do like how Optimus Prime had to deal with the fact that he was no longer commander. Similar to how Dr Strange lost his role as Sorceror Supreme following his five year blip, thus he now has to acknowledge Wong as his superior. Bumblebee is the rightful leader of the Autobots, and Optimus Prime has no right to undermine his authority, lest he turns traitor and attempts to overthrow Bumblebee. It takes Optimus Prime some time to adjust, but ultimately he yields to Bumblebee's command. I really do like how RID shows leadership as being something earned and not achieved through entitlement.

Kinda necroing the thread but I love G1 Bumblebee and Goldbug, any other versions are fine but they are not my Bumblebee.
    Ba weep granna weep ninny bong