Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHUG toys you want remade

Default CHUG toys you want remade

For those of you that are like me and have been collecting Classics and Generations lines for a while, what toys do you have in your collection that you want Hasbro to have another go at making with a brand new mould and why?

For instance, I want Hasbro to give Elita-1 another go with her own mould instead of just a remould of other Fembots (which her upcoming release is again a remould of another Fembot). I feel like she is important enough to have her own mould.

Also, I want Action Master Optimus Prime to be given another go. He was released a few years ago as a remould of TR Octane, (TR Diac and Optimus Prime) which means he's a mishmash of Octane, G2 Optimus and Action Master Optimus so I'd love to see Hasbro re-attempt him.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I just picked up Legacy Elita-1 and she's a bit weird. Looks super cute as a robot, but that vehicle mode nose is a hot mess. I think she approximates to the Elita One from the Windblade comics. Not sure if she's a remould.

Would love to see Nautica in a proper mould, the Blurr version was a bit cobbled-together when really she's a unique design.

WFC Buzzsaw.

I still can't believe they did _Wingthing_ but not Buzzsaw!?!?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Also, I want Action Master Optimus Prime to be given another go. He was released a few years ago as a remould of TR Octane, (TR Diac and Optimus Prime) which means he's a mishmash of Octane, G2 Optimus and Action Master Optimus so I'd love to see Hasbro re-attempt him.
    That would be nice.

If they don't make a new mold, I wouldn't mind if they retooled the Generations Selects Star Convoy inner robot, or even release just the inner robot in general retail. It looks similar enough to OG Action Master OP.

I'm still annoyed that Kingdom Gears got cancelled. The MTMTE Swerve repaint doesn't do it for me, and I'm hoping (and expecting) a deluxe-class Legacy Gears to come along.

I think CW Devastator is fairly good but each of the Constructions is flawed. That's a team I'd like to see get the Legacy Menasor treatment with a good mix of cartoon accurate robot mode and vehicle modes, even if each limb has to be a Voyager class and Hook comes with a trailer of gestalt parts

CW Predaking was a complete disappointment, Legacy versions of all of them would be welcome.

Siege or Kingdom Mirage in Diaclone red deco.
    I thought they were going for that since they gave the Siege one an alternate toy accurate head mould, but so far we've only seen that in clear blue.

Also, give me the VW Bee in light blue like the Micro Change toy (no, not Glyph).

Lesser priority:
    Sureshot
    Springer in proper cartoon/movie colours without battle damage
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Siege or Kingdom Mirage in Diaclone red deco.
    I thought they were going for that since they gave the Siege one an alternate toy accurate head mould, but so far we've only seen that in clear blue.
    Ah, but you'll be seeing it presently on Crasher.

I expect a red Mirage will come some time in the next year or two, simply because Hasbro appears to be comitted to turning out modern versions of all the Diaclone precursors. They're getting towards the bottom of that barrel now...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Ah, but you'll be seeing it presently on Crasher.
    I am no fan of Gobots and I will not be supporting that release.

Looking forward to an actual proper red Mirage, if they do one.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Oh boy, Gok is not going to like this thread... No redo's, new characters only :P

Lesser priority:
    Sureshot
    But Sureshot hasn't had a CHUG figure yet? He's at the top of my list for guys to get a new faithful showing in CHUG though

I am no fan of Gobots and I will not be supporting that release.
    For shame! haha, I'll be buying it, can't wait.

For CHUG re-dos, I'd love:
    1) A proper Darkwing/Dreadwind combo. They don't need the Powermaster gimmick, however a bit more faithful and a better combination.
    2) Cindersaur and by extension, the Firecons. A nice chunky Deluxe size set with ankle tilts, oh my.
    3) Finish off the mini-bots in this weird slightly smaller/slightly larger Deluxe scale. Powerglide, Seaspray and Beachcomber to start and even though one is about to come out, this includes a new Wheelie.
    4) I don't know how the licensing scenario plays out, however I'd like a better more faithful version of Roadbuster.
    5) Crosshairs, Nightbeat, Getaway
    6) Bigshot and Flack as Deluxe or Leader. Then throw in the rest of the battle patrol team.
    7) The amazing Stunticons would see me like another pass as the Terrorcons and Technobots.
    8) Not that I think they were bad... However I wouldn't mind some of the characters who got caught up in the line-wide Headmaster gimmick redone. Like the Decepticon Targetmasters or Monsterbots.
    9) Mainframe Redeco.
    10) and to round it out to an even 10... how about either Bludgeon or Thunderwing?

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    But Sureshot hasn't had a CHUG figure yet?
    Yeah true. I got carried away there.

Gobots can die. And I have no shame saying that on a Transformers board.