• Yes

12 92.31%
  • Maybe

0 0%
  • No

1 7.69%
  • Unsure

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - COSMOS (Legacy Velocitron)

Default Toy Review - COSMOS (Legacy Velocitron)

AUTOBOT COSMOS
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - new
    Wave - 1
    Released here - August 2022
    Retail Price - $35 (Kmart exclusive)
    Approximate Size - 12cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - flying saucer
    Main Features/Gimmicks - flag can be attached to his blaster so he can officiate the race
    Main Colours - green, yellow, blue, and a red fez
    Main Accessories - blaster and checkered flag

This is the most toy/screen accurate Cosmos since the G1 toy. He absolutely captures Cosmos's pudginess and the face sculpt is beautiful. The height of the central cockpit in UFO mode might be slightly tall but I think it is consistent with the cuteness he displayed in the Sunbow cartoon. The front of the UFO has a gap below the cockpit but it's not too bad. This is the guy I've been waiting for, after deciding to skip Titans Return Cosmos.

His height is in line with the current range of figures - too tall for the Power of the Primes/Combiner Wars/Titans Return figures.

The joints on my copy are tight and things fit well together. However, there are a few of areas of tight clearance that need care. The instructions say to lift the arms sideways to 90 degrees, but there's a couple of areas of rubbing (and possible plastic deformation). I suggest moving them out a bit and not fully out until the yellow shoulder hinges have folded down to the chest (step 15 in the manual). Secondly, step 2 where you pull the back section backwards was tight on my copy and I ended up pulling the boot panel off (it can be pushed easily back on). I found that wriggling things apart so that the legs could fold out made step 2 much easier (more room to hold firmly while wriggling out backwards). Thirdly, when you swing the parts that form the heels backwards (step 10), I had to push things so as to avoid deforming the green plastic (which is visible at the front of the UFO) with the yellow tab.

Articulation is good and typical of the current lines of Deluxe figures. Head is on a ball joint and can look up/down a bit. There is no wrist rotation, forward/back ankle tilt or shoulder butterfly. Because his feet are large, his balance is great.

There have also been out of the box breaks at the shoulder pins (here and here) but mine was ok.

I totally recommend buying him. Unfortunately, because he is packed 1 per case of 8, he will be hard to find. I've read that overseas, he can come as a solid case, but I doubt that is coming here.

Was velocitron in G1? Now when will the blue repaint gobot be released...

He looks very funky n cool.

Default AKshuALLeEeYyY :p

I love Cosmos. I can't wait to get Legacy Cosmos!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Alt-mode - flying saucer
    The front of the UFO has a gap below the cockpit but it's not too bad.
    Flying saucer would be more apt. It's not quite an Unidentified Flying Object if you can identify what it is. </cheek>

Fun fact about Cosmos' alt mode: he transforms into a Venusian Scout Ship.
    Or more accurately, what Polish American non-sheeple^pseudoscientist George Adamski claimed was a Venusian scout ship. He took photos of this ship and published it, claiming that he had made first contact with a Venusian blah blah blah. The photos were later debunked as a hoax (shock); Adamski had just taken photos of a medical lamp.

This is why Cosmos is called Adams in Japan; named after Adamski. Pronounced "Adams," not "Adamz" (say "Adamski" without the "ki").

Ha ha Gok. You reminded me of this...

Image from shortpacked.com, coz Velocitron Cosmos is shortpacked.

Retail Price - $35 (Kmart exclusive)
    More like "Kmart elusive."
    Image from shortpacked.com, coz Velocitron Cosmos is shortpacked.
    Aawwwww, well played!

Whos the blue and yellow redeco??

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Whos the blue and yellow redeco??
    Ehobby Path Finder. The name is a Gobots reference (gross) but the blue is a homage to an unused G1 Cosmos deco.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2013/11/07/...-178732#images
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.