Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: AUG 16th live reveal - Studio Series & Legacy wave 3

In-hand images of Skullgrin, from one of the regular leakers.

Behind the scenes for Legacy Voyager Inferno by one of the designers on Instagram.

This fireant predacon is going to further complete your collection of Kingdoms (Beast Wars)Megatron’s army. I had the great pleasure of working with Takara Tomy’s amazingly talented Tomo san on this item. He really did an awesome job with this guy and I couldn’t be happier for the finished product.
    Firstly, here is the concept art I did to kickoff this maniac, I did this off memory and I soon realized it was time to dip back into some episodes for further detailed reference.
    I also had the opportunity to get a zbrush sculpt from our great designer Doug Schultheis. Doug’s one of those secret Hasbro renaissance dudes who is responsible for so many successful products, it was great to have him sculpt this up for reference in tackling the Kingdom aesthetic for the fireant alt mode. Which was obviously very challenging to get all that bot in a slim fireant body, but I do believe Tomo san’s transformation will excite and satisfy your hungry hands.
    We ended up being able to merge his rocket booster into his energon infused flame thrower weapon, while keeping some serious blast effect compatibility for some ultimate play action. As I mentioned in the livestream his back shell does propel spin around to give him the ultimate accuracy to his animation apperance.
    The articulation in the jaw just gives you such an incredible range of pose outs and play function, you will also notice his eyes and his mouth has the light pipe feature to really give this guy his red tinted evil energon glow. Once you start yelling quotes from the show as you articulate his jaw, you will really have a hard time putting this figure down.
    Also to note the package illustration for this heart throb will surely be saved as it came out so sweet!

This new wave of Studio Series isn't being released until December, and yet the main leaker of stolen toys has managed to get both of the Deluxe toys - Crosshairs and Hotrod. Screenshots are at those two links (I don't link to his videos, which generates money for future purchases of leaked toys).