Released here - August 2022
Approximate Retail Price - $35
Approximate Size - 13cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Honda City Turbo hatchback
Main Features/Gimmicks - combinable weapons
Main Colours - black with gunmetal grey and red accents
Main Accessories - Energon gun-axe, pulse rifle, double laser caster

NOTE: This toy is a redeco of Legacy Skids; refer to that thread for comments about the original mould. This review thread will focus on differences made.

Burn Out features a new head based on the Diaclone Car Robot Honda City R's head (i.e. Crosscut and Reboost's head design). However, the original Diaclone toy that this toy is based on was the black variant of the Honda City Turbo; of which the blue variant was used by Hasbro to become Skids. The upcoming Masterpiece Dia Burnout toy features a Diaclone-accurate looking head, however, for some reason Hasbro's decided to go with a an inaccurate City R head instead of the City Turbo. Obviously they've pre-tooled the City-R head for an upcoming Crosscut repaint of this mould (and perhaps Reboost too); but I'm not really sure why they've chosen to use the City R head on Burn Out. This doesn't personally bother me; probably because I'm not a Diaclone aficionado, but it might bother some people who would prefer a more Diaclone-accurate head design. Although as a G1 fan, it is also inaccurate to Burn Out's G1 appearance where she did have the same head as Skids. Of course... even Skids' head alternated between the City R and City Turbo design, so... meh. Maybe that's why I'm not fussed.

Visually there's too much black happening on this toy, although that is more Diaclone-accurate... except for the hands. The gunmetal grey is still pretty dark and doesn't pop against the black so well. The fists are gunmetal grey instead of red, despite the fact that the OG toy for both have red hands. Really don't know why they didn't gang mould the fists together with the feet and crotch. It does look nice in vehicle mode, giving a sort of A-Team 80s vibe. The panels are a mix of glossy and matte black, which may bug some people; I personally could not care less.

OVERALL: Burn Out is comparatively the weakest of the Velocitron collection in terms of execution; although the standard in this little line is quite high. Overall this toy is quite well done, so if this is the runt of the litter than it shows you just how well the Velocitron set is done. These are minor gripes that don't personally bother me, but I don't see why they couldn't have just used the same head as Skids and moulded the fists in red. The inconsistent shades of black is a technical flaw, regardless of what I think about it. In terms of value for money, I do think that this toy is well worth the Deluxe price point. However, people who are after a more Diaclone-accurate Transformer toy might want to take greater deliberation before purchasing, and perhaps even consider skipping this toy in favour of the Masterpiece (I'll have both ). But if these sort of things don't bother you, then go ahead and buy it now!