• Only if cheap

1 25.00%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

1 25.00%
  • Not even interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - ROAD ROCKET (Legacy)

Default Toy Review - ROAD ROCKET (Legacy)

G2 Universe ROAD ROCKET
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Hypo-line - Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Repaint/retool of Legacy Arcee
    Wave - 2.5
    Released here - August 2022
    Approximate Retail Price - $35
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Approximated Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R sports motorcycle
    Main Features/Gimmicks - combinable weapons
    Main Colours - black with gunmetal grey and red accents
    Main Accessories - Energon blades/shuriken, front tyre blaster

NOTE: This toy is a repaint and retool of Legacy Arcee. Refer to the Legacy Arcee review thread for comments about the original toy; this thread will focus on changes made.

I don't own any of the G2 Laser Cycles, as such, here are comparison pics with Robot Masters Road Rocket

A really nice redeco of Arcee with a deco that not only resembles Road Rocket's G2 colours, but arguably improves on them too. Since it's not the 90s anymore, the original bright red has now been replaced by a darker red. The plain glossy blue on the G2 toy has now been replaced with metallic blue. The black hands and feet are also a really nice touch; they are red on the original toy, but the off-setting black against red offers superior visual contrast.

I'm otherwise not a big fan of the clear weapons that Legacy toys come with, but it works with Road Rocket given her origins as a G2 Laser Cycle (even though this toy doesn't have the electronic LED gimmick). The way that the front tyre can open up to not only become a blaster, but also attach to the back to make the toy look more G2-accurate is really neat. I never cared for this mould when she was Legacy Arcee, but I'm stoked to have her as Road Rocket!

Looks amazing. I do tend to lean towards transformers with red and blue colour schemes as well as 'lesser known' characters so i am sorely tempted to pick this one up

Good to see you referring to her with female pronouns.
    I quite like the aesthetic of this toy and overall I'm happy to have her, but my copy doesn't clip together quite perfectly in bike mode. Could just be something I'm doing wrong though.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Good to see you referring to her with female pronouns.
    I quite like the aesthetic of this toy and overall I'm happy to have her, but my copy doesn't clip together quite perfectly in bike mode. Could just be something I'm doing wrong though.
    Mine is crap! Wont stay together properly in either mode, comes to bits whenever I try to transform it. Probably the worst quality toy Ive had in a while. A shame since Arcee didn't seem to have these issues, I hope that Flamewar doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Mine is crap! Wont stay together properly in either mode, comes to bits whenever I try to transform it. Probably the worst quality toy Ive had in a while. A shame since Arcee didn't seem to have these issues, I hope that Flamewar doesn't.
    H'mm, I'm glad I didn't bother sourcing a replacement then. Sorry that that happened to you, but thanks for letting me know.