New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2.5
    Released here - August 2022
    Approximate Retail Price - $49
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Faction - Velocitronian
    Alt-mode - can connect with Micromaster bases via A.I.R. Lock system
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Compatible with modular accessories, Cyber Planet Key port (Key not included)
    Main Colours - red and white with black and gold accents
    Main Accessories - engine dual-blaster

And to think that the original Cybertron Override (left) is a Deluxe Class figure!

The absence of the Cyber Planet Key gimmick has allowed Legacy Override to be a far less compromised figure. The body is much less bulky and is relatively more solid in both robot and vehicle modes (as there are no spring-activated gimmicks pushing things apart). Although Cybertron Override's vehicle mode still looks more imposing with its larger cockpit. The sides of the torso are held in place with these small tabs which are prone to dislodging on mine. I might need to thicken the slots up with Fix-Loose-Joints Action Figure. The toy's design is incredibly faithful to Override's cartoon model. This toy is really a poor man's Masterpiece as it does look like Override just jumped out of the television and became a toy. The engine weapon does have a "dead" Cyber Planet Key port; i.e. you can insert a Planet Key into it, but it doesn't activate any gimmicks. The main section of the engine block is black, and I would have preferred some more colour on it, especially on the little wings. The headlights (on the feet) are unpainted (they are gold on the original figure). Given that this is the only original mould in the Velocitron series, you'd think that Hasbro could've spared a bit to dab some gold paint on the headlights. There is also no faction insignia, which is accurate to the Galaxy Force Nitro Convoy toy and cartoon model. I've just added a sticker onto mine to make it more accurate to the Hasbro Cybertron toy.

Overall: While Override is short for a Stormtrooper^Voyager, she is taller than current Deluxes and the level of engineering is beyond what I would expect from a Deluxe; not amazingly so, but it is above Deluxe level. Objectively I don't know if she's* really worth paying full Voyager RRP for, and as such, I would recommend getting this toy if you find her* on sale (around $40 is more worth it IMO).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Or "he" and "him" if you regard this toy as CHUG Nitro Convoy

Not knowing anything about Override's history, the design is quite a departure from the typical TF aesthetic...it kinda reminds me of something from Power Rangers.

I like the figure but find the vehicle mode a bit too gappy (the part after the robot legs end), the wheels feel too small and I'm not a fan of the vehicle profile (the back is narrower than the front). Robot mode is great though. And agree that she is above Deluxe but below Voyager in terms of value.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

From memory the original figure was spring loaded? Hard to keep together in vehicle mode?

The new one looks great overall, much better robot proportions. I'm not a fan of the head in the cockpit - although it kind of makes sense for a racer to be able to look with their full robot face at the track ahead of them.

A Cybertron cyberkey being able to plug is in a nice touch.

I got Override yesterday. The figure is excellent, a clever transformation and a great modern update to the character. I think the Cybertron designs make for good modern figures as the transformations don't have to be super wild to match the on screen modes. Means a lot more attention can be put towards paint detail and articulation. The original Override is one of the clunkier toys from the original toyline, so it's good to see pretty much a 1:1 screen likeness captured so effortlessly. I only hope her sales are good enough to warrant more UT releases.

I hope they do at least Evac and Scourge to round out the planet leaders, but I'd also like to see Ransack, Crumplezone, Red Alert/Cannonball and Dirt Boss get updates with revised articulation and paint, amongst others. Vector Prime is also a great candidate, as he is already a popular Prime besides his appearance in Cybertron/GF.

She will also look great alongside Minerva, which seems to be her closest G1 parallel historically.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I feel like this figure could have easily been a deluxe, and I find the transformation unnecessarily complex

Quote Originally Posted by Keidatron View Post
    I feel like this figure could have easily been a deluxe, and I find the transformation unnecessarily complex
    If you want a simpler Deluxe Class Override, then well... you have the original Override for that. Legacy Override is trying to do something different.

For anyone that wants a bit more articulation, there's a quick and easy mod you can do. If you cut off the tabs in the chest, you can now get decent ab crunch and a better range from the waist swivel while using the ab crunch. Doesn't affect the transformation and the toy still holds together just as well as before.

Very handsome bot mode. Scultping is on point. A welcome return of fully articulated limbs and the tightness of the joints are unlike anything I've seen since, well... Cybertron. Override feels solid and is incredibly posable. Super cool. Only baffling thing is that the rear of the head is transparent red plastic even though the eyes are painted blue and there is no light piping. Perhaps it is a throwback to the original toy (I'm too lazy to check) but it doesn't really detract from the appearance of the toy but is a genuine curiousity.

The paint apps while generous and striking, suffer a bit from lack of process control. Overrun and bleeding in many places but he still looks okay overall.

The alt mode is disappointing as expected. The proportions sacrificed for the bot mode mean that Override is a pretty janky looking ride and does not look like a futuristic alien supercar at all. Tires are too small, cockpit for hobbits, rear end is micronised and the winglets, while poseable are way too diminiutive. This car does not look cool. Most frustratingly the original gimmick of thrusters flicking forward into front facing blasters is not possible as they shrunk the engine block weapon to scale better with the bot mode. I feel like if they upsized the weapon and took advantage of Overrides awesome arm articulation to make it a double handed accessory it would have been incredibly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Very handsome bot mode. Scultping is on point. A welcome return of fully articulated limbs and the tightness of the joints are unlike anything I've seen since, well... Cybertron. Override feels solid and is incredibly posable. Super cool. Only baffling thing is that the rear of the head is transparent red plastic even though the eyes are painted blue and there is no light piping. Perhaps it is a throwback to the original toy (I'm too lazy to check) but it doesn't really detract from the appearance of the toy but is a genuine curiousity.

The paint apps while generous and striking, suffer a bit from lack of process control. Overrun and bleeding in many places but he still looks okay overall.

The alt mode is disappointing as expected. The proportions sacrificed for the bot mode mean that Override is a pretty janky looking ride and does not look like a futuristic alien supercar at all. Tires are too small, cockpit for hobbits, rear end is micronised and the winglets, while poseable are way too diminiutive. This car does not look cool. Most frustratingly the original gimmick of thrusters flicking forward into front facing blasters is not possible as they shrunk the engine block weapon to scale better with the bot mode. I feel like if they upsized the weapon and took advantage of Overrides awesome arm articulation to make it a double handed accessory it would have been incredibly awesome.
    Lint pretty much summs up my feelings too. Robot mode looks very nice, but the vehicle mode manages to fail by not looking like a sleek, super-future-alien car. Putting my recently acquired Pointblank and Override together, and judging just from their looks alone, I would say that Poinyblank would be the faster car.

If I compare deluxey-voyagers, I would say while Hot Rod manages to make you feel like they have applied the extra budget to make a better toy, I don't get that feeling from Override here. If the vehicle mode was a bit sleeker, and less gappy (there is a large space between the front and back) I'd probably be more wowed. Definitely not worth full price, but decent enough (for a regular deluxe)