Wave - 2.5
    Released here - September 2022
    Approximate Retail Price - $45
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - armoured vehicle(s)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Weaponsier
    Main Colours - red, black & grey
    Main Accessories - Cog's guns, Elita-1's blaster & barrel, Ultra Magnus' blaster & sniper barrel, Ratchet's welding tool/blaster, energon vial/barrel, pistol/bracket, triple-barrel attachment, 2 bomb-halves

NOTE: Refer to the Siege Cog toy review thread for comments about the original mould. This review thread will focus on differences made.

This toy is a straight up repaint of Siege Cog, which is not surprising given that Security Officer's cartoon model was also a direct recolour of Cog's model. He comes with a lot of accessories as described above. The holes on his chest are tighter than Cog's; most of the weapons that my Security Officer comes with does attach onto those ports just fine, but there are a few that do not. And I have heard that other collectors' have experienced the holes being too small for any weapons to connect without causing stress marks on the plastic. As such, I recommend being very cautious when attempting to plug anything into those holes. The wing pins on the upper body component on mine, needed for transformation to weapon mode, were pretty loose but fixable with Fix-Loose-Joints Action Figure.

$45 is quite steep for a Deluxe, but the toy does come with a plethora of additional weapons and accessories for himself and other 'bots; which I think most fans would happily pay $10 for if they were sold separately. So I think that the price is well justified. Having said that, this is just a generic repaint of Cog, so I would recommend this toy if you are interested in the accessories and you don't mind having a Security Officer figure. Another plus side is that Security Officer is a separate character in canon (he had a difference voice performer in the cartoon and appeared in the credits as "Security Officer"). Hopefully this means that Hasbro might consider repainting this mould again as Communications Officer (perhaps called Bronze Cog or something?). For those of you who own a Legends Grand Maximus, Red Cog could be repurposed as Masterforce Cog; with the two vehicles being Onimisu and Koka.

Definitely worthwhle at $45! Even with the slight mould degradation issues.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I love that this figure exists, even down to the goofy name (and yes we've had things before like "red Swoop"). The holes on the chest of my copy are borderline too tight but I can get it to work. I may bore them out a little bit if I can be bothered.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Tolerances on my copy are spot on, so YMMV.

The pile of extra weapons makes him a good value at $45, at a time when deluxes are $40 anyway.

The accessories are fun because they're modular - silencers, muzzle brakes, the bombs etc. Good for customising and mixing it up for repaints. When 'Siege' started I got quite excited with Hound's cool modular weapons, but the rest of the line didn't really follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I love that this figure exists, even down to the goofy name (and yes we've had things before like "red Swoop").
    I really like how Security Officer is a separate character, as established in the cartoon. Or at least, a separate generic character class (I guess like "AT-AT Commander" etc. in Star Wars ). As far as I'm concerned, this toy is Security Officer. "Red Cog" is just the toy name for trademark purposes, similar to how Darkmount = Straxus etc. Hopefully Hasbro sells enough Security Officers to consider repainting this mould yet again as Comms Officer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I may bore them out a little bit if I can be bothered.
    Sounds boring.
    I'll see myself out.