Thread: a true bumbleBEE

Default a true bumbleBEE

I thought I had posted this already but can't find it soooo....

repainted a Waspinator and gave it a spare head to make a BumbleBEE.

Very noice!

I don't think it's ever been verified, but when BW came out, the rumour was that Buzz Saw was meant to be Bumblebee, but Hasbro had lost the trademark and so couldn't use the name. The story also goes that K-9 was meant to be Hound and Lazorbeak was meant to be Laserbeak. It would be sweet if Hasbro could release a redeco of Buzz Saw called Bumblebee; either with the Bumblebee head as a Maximal upgrade of Bumblebee, or with the Waspinator head as an unrelated character with the same name (as frequently was the case in BW). Ditto a K-9 repaint as Hound... and if they ever repaint Kingdom Terrorsaur as Lazorbeak, might as well just call that toy "Laserbeak."

It's funny how out of all the Bumblebee toys we've ever gotten, none of them have ever transformed into any kind of vespid. Kinda... stings.

According to tfwiki, the Spanish name for Buzz Saw is Abejorro, which means "Bumblebee." If Hasbro doesn't want to name a BW TF Bumblebee (especially if it's an unrelated character), then perhaps they could call him "Dumbledore," which is the Old English word for "Bumblebee." Yes, Albus Brian Percival Wulfric Dumbledore's name literally means "White burning piercing-valley rich-wolf bumblebee."

That is sensational! Where would one get a spare Bumblebee head?
    Ba weep granna weep ninny bong

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    That is sensational! Where would one get a spare Bumblebee head?
    Thanks. I have a heap of junkers/abandoned projects/figures bought on sale for use as parts.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Thanks. I have a heap of junkers/abandoned projects/figures bought on sale for use as parts.
    I honestly didn't see this reply, do you know where this particular Bumblebee head came from? Kinda keen to get a decent head for MP-21.

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    I honestly didn't see this reply, do you know where this particular Bumblebee head came from? Kinda keen to get a decent head for MP-21.
    I think it was from the Bumblebee that was in the two-pack with the the exosuit Daniel figure.
    I did it a while ago so cant be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    I think it was from the Bumblebee that was in the two-pack with the the exosuit Daniel figure.
    I did it a while ago so cant be sure.
    Gotcha, Buzzworthy Bumblebee with Spike. He does have a big head for the size of the figure, will have to look for him in stores.

Not the Buzzworthy Bumblebee with Spike it was the Titans Return Bee's head?

No, not titans return. If it wasn't from the Bumblebee with Spike set I reckon it was from the Creatures Collide set.
    Apologies for the vagueness but it was several months/figures ago and I don't usually keep track of what came from where.