Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Packaging Thread

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I'm all for windowless packaging to be honest.

The best scenario always was the old Velcro flaps, that you then open up to see the window. Best of both worlds - show off great art, then open up to reveal toy.
    yep this would be good. i wonder how much it would increase the price though.

Its no secret that I hate windowless packaging. I dont want other people touching the toy before I buy it, simple.
    Still think the side hinge clamshell with non glued card insert would work well.
    Also dont want the price to go up to fix the packaging.
    its a thin bit of window plastic, seriously, it cant cost that much.

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    its a thin bit of window plastic, seriously, it cant cost that much.
    I suspect that it's not the cost of the plastic that's the issue Hasbro are trying to avoid, it's the erm, image they want. Stating you have plastic free packaging in today's age where microplastics are a concern is a big PR point for them. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to find that all plastic packaging is cheaper than no plastic, but then they couldn't praise themselves for being a good company.

Just ignoring the fact that the toys are made of plastic... obviously.

Obviously plastics are made from oil, which is a more costly ingredient. Yes, the toys are plastic, but those are disposable single-use items like packaging. For the vast majority of consumers, packaging gets thrown out as soon as the toy is open.

I have no doubt that the decision to reduce plastic is a cost-saving one for Hasbro, but if it also helps to save the environment then so be it. I don't see a down side. Last weekend I did see a decapitated Legacy Blaster, and I have heard reports of other toys having their heads removed since the packaging went windowless. Again, I don't know if this is any better or worse than when packaging had windows, but if it is getting worse, then I think the next step is just to have windowless boxes. We already have windowless boxes with Leaders, Commanders and Titans; and Gens Selects and Premium Finish already gives us windowless boxes for Deluxes. I have no objection towards windowless boxes; just gotta make the packaging prettier, I suppose.