Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Hypo-line - Velocitron Speedia 500
    Size/class - Leader
    New/remould/redeco - Repaint of Legacy Laser Optimus Prime
    Wave - N/A
    Released here - August 2022
    Approximate Retail Price - $79
    Approximate Size - 17cm (head), 19cm (shoulder stacks)
    Allegiance - Predacon (Destronger)
    Sub-Group - Combaticon (Commando)
    Alt-mode - Truck cab
    Main Features/Gimmicks - weapons can combine, trailer becomes battle station or can separate and "Weaponise," front tanker hatch becomes gun
    Main Colours - Red, blue, grey, black, silver
    Main Accessories - Sword of Fury, axe, plasma gun, trailer/base, Matrix

NOTE: See the review thread for TL Laser OP for comments about the original mould. This thread will focus on differences made.

OVERALL:
    As a straight up repaint of TL Laser Optimus Prime, this toy predictable carries over the same pros and cons as the original, but with the one advantage of it being sold at a cheaper price point, which IMO does make it better value for money. The deco of the cab is quite nice and Car Robot-accurate, although with no faction insignia on the vehicle mode. There is no chrome on this toy, but they have used silver paint instead, including on the sides of the trailer. This makes the trailer look less plain than Laser Optimus Prime's, although it's still fairly sparse on decos. The robot mode also evokes Black Convoy fairly well, although the front of the torso and front shoulder panels are the biggest departure; featuring much more black and almost no silver. The faux chest windows are also pink instead of silver and black (most likely due to being gang moulded with the other clear plastic parts). This gives TL Scourge a far more Nemesis Prime aesthetic than Black Convoy IMO. There are a pair of Car Robot Combaticon (i.e. inverted G2 Autobot) insignia on the shoulder panels. I actually like how his insignia are only visible in robot mode but not in vehicle mode, as this makes him a better robot in disguise and more aligned with the original theme for Car Robot. There's a bit too much black on the torso for my liking; I prefer how the original had more silver, grey and teal to break it up more. Although I do think that the insignia thing is an improvement over the original. The light piped pink eyes really do contrast well against the black helmet and silver faceplate; much moreso than the cold blue eyes on Optimus Prime (I really wish that Hasbro would've used yellow or even clear transparent eyes like the original Laser OP; blue on blue just doesn't pop as well).

IMO if you're only going to buy one of these toys (between Laser OP and Scourge), go for Robots in Disguise 2000 Universe Scourge. His name is a stupid mouthful to say, but it gives you more bang for your buck and IMO is aesthetically nicer to look at. Unfortunately for any of you who care about collecting pristine boxen, the sides of my box both have those long scratch marks, as have all the ones I've seen in stores. It doesn't bother me, but it might for others.

Lazer Prime and Scourge look great together

Had to use a metallic blue marker on Lazer Primes eyes

I got this for Christmas, and I have to say that I'm impressed. I think my fiance also got it for $59 as well, which is a hell of a steal.

PROS
    + Really characterful in both modes. Menacing looking truck, great looking robot and the colours absolutely pop. The two tone darks with splashes of teal and pink look outrageously good.

+ Best light piping 2022?

+ Fun transformation. Great balance between interesting and intuitive.

CONS
    - The trailer isn't great. Honestly, I could have done without it. I'm probably expecting too much because it does everything that other trailers do, basically. It has the same basically functionality as Commander Rodimus, for example. It splits and there's a gun turret. I just wish it did more.

- The robot mode arms are kind of shit. They're small, and oddly placed. The figure looks great standing neutrally from the front but as you begin to articulate the figure you'll see that the actual shoulders are low and set quite far back. Especially compared to the long anime legs, the arms are stubby little things. Also, it doesn't help that their outward shoulder motion is on a ratchet that only has three stopping points (arms by side, 45 degrees, 90 degrees).

- While the sword is great, the axe thing (shield?) is shit. I could have done without that in exchange for an actual gun.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.