View Poll Results: Will you use Shadowstrip as part of your G2 collection?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, even though I'm still gonna call him Drag Strip

5 71.43%
  • Probably will, if he's a bit cheaper.

0 0%
  • Maybe

0 0%
  • I don't like his deco

0 0%
  • I'm OK with my Drag Strip

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Velocitron ShadowStrip (AKA G2 Drag Strip) (Legacy)

Default Toy Review - Velocitron ShadowStrip (AKA G2 Drag Strip) (Legacy)

Shadowstrip/G2 S
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Hypo-line - Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of Legacy Drag Strip
    Wave - 2
    Released here - Sep/Oct 2022
    Approximate Retail Price - $35
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Sub-Group - Stunticon
    Alt-mode - approximated Tyrrell P34 Formula One race car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - becomes TL Menasor's arm kibble
    Main Colours - black with yellow stripes
    Main Accessories - x2 gravito blasters

Apologies for the large image sizes. Imgur hasn't been friendly lately. I will update the images with scaled down image sizes soon

Thoughts:
    It's G2 Drag Strip, but with a new name (for some reason). Since he's a redeco you can still use him as Menasor's right arm. Hopefully the rest of the G2 Stunticons get released in the Legacy toyline.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    It's G2 Drag Strip, but with a new name (for some reason).
    I personally love how s/he has a new name/persona! <3 Makes collecting these again feel more meaningful instead of just being "random" repaints. And hey, if you want to call it G2 Dragstrip in your own collection, that's a thing you can do if you want to do it. Making them new characters makes me want to collect them even more.

Yep like the paint scheme.

So... I'm going to click on "Yes, but I'm still going to call him Drag Strip," because there isn't an option for, "Yes, and I'm happy to call him/her Shadowstrip."
    I for one actually prefer Shadowstrip to be a separate character from Drag Strip instead of just some 'random' repaint (which, let's face it, G2 was). I was on the fence about getting this toy, but seeing it being a different character sealed the deal for me. I understand that others prefer to think of Shadowstrip as just G2 Drag Strip, and hey, that's a thing you can do if you want to do it (just as I refuse to call Decepticon Runner by that name and only ever call him Barricade).

Is there confirmation anywhere that we're getting a full G2 set of these?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I can't find the link, but Hasbro have said that they are now committed to completing any set of Transformers toys that they start. They claim to be moving away from having "orphaned" toys like we had before (e.g. Fall of Cybertron Kickback, Masterpiece Grimlock etc.). This was a fairly recent promise so the jury is still out on whether or not they will fulfill it. I'm optimistic, but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I understand that others prefer to think of Shadowstrip as just G2 Drag Strip, and hey, that's a thing you can do if you want to do it (just as I refuse to call Decepticon Runner by that name and only ever call him Barricade).
    I don't care what they call them. Just get them done.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I can't find the link, but Hasbro have said that they are now committed to completing any set of Transformers toys that they start. They claim to be moving away from having "orphaned" toys like we had before (e.g. Fall of Cybertron Kickback, Masterpiece Grimlock etc.). This was a fairly recent promise so the jury is still out on whether or not they will fulfill it. I'm optimistic, but time will tell.
    I don't doubt we will get a full set of G2 Stunticons now that they have started on them. They will want to make as much money back on developing those moulds as they can and G2 decos are the most obvious choice (since these Stunticons aren't generic designs like in CW and for instance you can't get a Mirage out of Dragstrip). My only concern is how hard some members may be to get if they are splitting up the releases. I was hoping that if they went down the G2 route they'd do them in a box set. Still, the fact they're doing them at all is appreciated.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Snagged this on a whim.

My word does this look much better than the base figure.

I'm hoping that as the rest of the G2 set comes out with time, the neons are picked out in metallic paint like on this one.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Had zero interest in this figure and this mold... that is until I saw it on the shelf.
    Damn that's a stunning colour scheme and some real nice paint. Photos don't do it justice - looks so much nicer IRL.
    Now I'm on the fence wondering if I need a G2 Drag Strip in my collection....
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.