Diakron-3 BREAKER
Series - Generations
Sub-line - Legacy
Hypo-line - Selects
Size/class - Deluxe
New/remould/redeco - Repaint of Earthrise Trailbreaker & retool of Earthrise Hoist
Wave - N/A
Released here - September 2022
Approximate Retail Price - $55
Approximate Size - 15cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - 4WD Toyota Hilux (or as tfwiki misspells it, "Hi-Luxe"; no idea why)
Main Features/Gimmicks - cheaper than the Diaclone
Main Colours - blue with red and grey/silver accents
Main Accessories - gun, canopy/shield

NOTE: This toy is a repaint of Earthrise Trailbreaker (which in turn is a pretool of ER Hoist). See the review threads on those other toys for comments on the original mould, this thread will focus on differences made.

This toy is pretty much a paint-by-numbers redeco of Trailbreaker, with one difference being the sides of the head being painted silver to more closely match the G0 toy. The visor is also accurately painted red instead of blue, which does contrast very nicely against the blue head, face and... everything else. I personally wish that they'd retooled the head to make it more toy accurate. Since Breaker never appeared in G1 media, there's really no need for this toy to maintain Floro Dery's Trailbreaker head design. But I suppose Hasbro didn't want to spend money on retooling, and it's not as if they tooled out the head for DK-2 Guard, so... in that regard it is consistent at least. They could've at least painted the face silver or something (they did give DK-2 Guard a red face against his blue eyes and black helmet after all).

This is very much a WYSIWYG toy. Recommended if...
* like me, this is as close as you're ever going to get to owning the blue Diaclone 4WD Hilux toy.
* you enjoy collecting CHUG/MPs with Generation 0 (pre-TF) colours.
* you just enjoy this deco or even prefer it over Trailbreaker.
But if you're perfectly happy with Trailbreaker and Breaker's deco otherwise doesn't interest you, then you can easily skip it. The changes are purely cosmetic.

P.S.: I also wish that Hasbro had called this toy "DK-3 Trailblazer," as a neat reference to the one time that Optimus Prime called Trailbreaker "Trailblazer" in the Sunbow cartoon. Then Trailblazer could be retconned as being part of the original Ark crew (just as Road Hauler has). But I suppose giving this toy the name of the G.I. Joe comms officer will suffice.