Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro G1 Reissues - 1986 Movie anime editions

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I was gonna get them from robot kingdom but could treat the wife to a night out for what the postage alone cost
    Yes, but which would leave you happier - a momentary and fleeting night of happiness that you won’t remember in a years time, or a freaking G1 toy you probably already have in a slightly different colour scheme?!? Priorities, right?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I was gonna get them from robot kingdom but could treat the wife to a night out for what the postage alone cost
    huh? I paid $30 USD shipping which is about $44 AUD. That doesn’t get you far these days.

Just did a dummy order, looks like the cheapest shipping has gone up to $37 USD.

Edit: Received my package from RK.
    Last edited by danny-boy; 9th December 2022 at 02:06 AM.

The packaging is cheap and nasty. The only good thing about it is the artwork.

Starscream is beautiful. I pulled the Takara book collection reissue out of storage and compared the two. It’s very close but I have to give the edge to this new reissue. The colours are more toon accurate and the painted face looks much better.

The real star of the show is Hot Rod. It’s a thing of beauty in hand. The colours are absolutely gorgeous.

I don’t know who’s next (if any) but Starscream has got me excited for anime accurate Skywarp and Thundercracker.

Starscream comes with the missiles that are way too long for the launchers. When inserted, the missile sticks out by about 5.5cm, instead of the cone sitting flush against the launcher. In fact, the length of the missile is, stupidly, longer than the length of the launcher by about 1.5cm - what Hasbro fool missed that? This Starscream is the same as the Walmart G1 toy colour reissue from a few years ago, which also had the uselessly long missiles (but minus the stickers as tampographs are used now). Part of me feels like chopping out a section of the missile rod and reattaching the ends.

Could it be a safety issue to make the missiles longer??🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Starscream comes with the missiles that are way too long for the launchers. When inserted, the missile sticks out by about 5.5cm, instead of the cone sitting flush against the launcher. In fact, the length of the missile is, stupidly, longer than the length of the launcher by about 1.5cm - what Hasbro fool missed that? This Starscream is the same as the Walmart G1 toy colour reissue from a few years ago, which also had the uselessly long missiles (but minus the stickers as tampographs are used now). Part of me feels like chopping out a section of the missile rod and reattaching the ends.
    Outside Japan, those elongated missiles have been standard issue on the G1 Seeker mould for a couple of decades. They were designed to meet modern safety requirements in the US and other Hasbro territories.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

100% safety coz the lawyers know that nobody would use them, hahaahahha. Even if they were small, they wouldn't shoot with much speed (less than those Lego flat disc or long missile shooters). Meanwhile, over at Hasbro Nerf...

The Takara book collection Starscream has the same accessories except for having the original G1 small missiles and small null rays. Less strict Japanese law I suppose.

Rumours are Hound is the 3rd release along with a 4th release not yet known.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Have we had confirmation if these are coming to Australia or not?

4th release is Retro G1 Thundercracker in animation accurate powder blue.
    Last edited by danny-boy; 5th March 2023 at 11:05 PM.