Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: Retro G1 Reissues - 1986 Movie anime editions

40th anniversary reissues will include anime-coloured Soundwave with Ravage and Laserbeak, and Blaster with Steeljaw. Both are in G1 style boxes instead of the 1986 movie themed boxes. I don't know if these are officially part of the TFTM line after seeing the following entries (if not then someone start a new thread):

Tra Gen Retro 40th 1
    Product Number: F8619

Tra Gen Retro 40th 2
    Product Number: F8620

Tra Gen Retro 40th 3
    Product Number: G0153

Tra Gen Retro 40th 4
    Product Number: G0243

They keep reissuing the same figures. Give us something to get excited for Hasbro like a combiner gift set that’s not Devastator.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    They keep reissuing the same figures. Give us something to get excited for Hasbro like a combiner gift set that’s not Devastator.
    Odds are the moulds for other G1 toys probably no longer exist, or are no longer in sufficient condition to be reissued, and creating whole new moulds is very expensive. One idea, which I must credit DrLockdown for, is for HasTak to crowdfund new reissue moulds. Yes, this would mean that the reissues would become more expensive, but let's face it, a lot of collectors aren't price sensitive. They will pay big bucks for toys.

Because even a more expensive crowdfunded reissue would probably still only cost a fraction of what collectors are already paying for MISB G1 toys.
    For example, let's say TakaraTOMY were to make new moulds based on the original G1 Dinobot toys, and let's say they sold for $200 each. Now considering that a MISB G1 Snarl recently sold for $460 (and that box is badly scratched), paying $200 for a MISB official reissue Dinobot is a bargain.

The advantage of crowdfunding is obviously that collectors have to literally put their monies where their mouths are.

I'm curious to see how well Missing Link Convoy will sell. If that toy does well enough, will TakaraTOMY make more Missing Link toys, allowing us to have G1-accurate figures with full poseability?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

I'm curious to see how well Missing Link Convoy will sell. If that toy does well enough, will TakaraTOMY make more Missing Link toys, allowing us to have G1-accurate figures with full poseability?
    Takara have confirmed OP is the first of a new line so expect more announcements.

Too many reissues in different styles at the moment.

Hasbro:
    1. Retro: Toon deco / New packaging.
    2. 40th anniversary: Toon deco / Classic packaging.

Takara:
    3. Missing Link: Toon deco / Toy Deco - Articulated - Classic packaging.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Takara have confirmed OP is the first of a new line so expect more announcements.
    Great news! - I hadn't seen that.

Damn, if I’d seen that MISB Snarl, I’d have probably made a bid myself. MISB toys are the best, but so very very rare.
    I don’t think there’s a price we wouldn’t pay to recapture our childhood, and play with new minty fresh toys. I know lots of people are happy with mib, or even loose, but if you’re neurotic and eccentric like me (OCD), you want new pristine toys. I’d gladly crowdfund five or six hundred dollar dinobots, even if they would eventually be released at a lower price-point for the masses.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Damn, if I’d seen that MISB Snarl, I’d have probably made a bid myself. MISB toys are the best, but so very very rare.
    I don’t think there’s a price we wouldn’t pay to recapture our childhood, and play with new minty fresh toys. I know lots of people are happy with mib, or even loose, but if you’re neurotic and eccentric like me (OCD), you want new pristine toys. I’d gladly crowdfund five or six hundred dollar dinobots, even if they would eventually be released at a lower price-point for the masses.
    Don't sweat mate.... that dinobot wasn't sealed, states in the ad it has a repro bubble.
    Sealed it would've gone for 3-4 times that price.... even with the crappy box.

Crazy the price of sealed stuff these days...

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

As an MISB collector, I cry over the price change over the last... 20 years.

I always thought to myself the collectors will move onto other things or have other priorities and I'll be left to snap up all the cheap deals... but no, not the case.

... now here I am, on the edge of the cliff of other priorities and realising my vintage collection is probably where it's at... even for Go-Bots.

@kelpie... yeah, I cry too! lol

I was trying to be just misb as well, but some things are just so out of reach.
    Now I do mib as well.... means I can hopefully have at least an example of the things I want in my collection.

What's your focus?