This thread is for discussion of any non-English language stuff specifically pertaining to THE TRANSFORMERS.
Orthology, pronunciation, etymology, meanings, translations etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO PRONOUNCE THE NAMES OF THE TRAINBOTS

I've noticed that some people are still mispronouncing the names, which seems to be becoming more prevalent as more non-Japanese fans are talking about the Trainbots since the advent of the MPG series. Please share this video as much as you can to help others in learning how to say these names properly

There are two parts to this video...
Part 1: Anglophone Approximations
Saying the Trainbots' names using English phonology (i.e. sounds that already exist in English). These are not exactly how the names are pronounced in Japanese, but they are easier for non-Japanese speakers to say since they are using native sounds from English. I also address some common mispronunciations of names (what to avoid). If all you want is to know how to say the names of the Trainbots using close-enough English approximations, then this part is suitable for you and you can tap out after Part 1.

Part 2: Japanese pronunciation
For those who wish to take a deeper dive, this part will demonstrate how to say the names using Japanese pronunciation, including script (Katakana and Kanji), syllable (mora) counts, vowel durations and pitch accents.

https://youtu.be/iseLjfWyxRI