Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earth Mode Hound and DOTM Hatch revealed, both Buzzworthy Bee line figures

Default Earth Mode Hound and DOTM Hatch revealed, both Buzzworthy Bee line figures

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/10/13/...evealed-467901

Really really keen on that Hatchet.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I made an assumption this was a two-pack, but it looks like it's two separate figures.

Hound is a must for my collection (and I'm already a bit nervous in getting him...)

So much for me buying that Siege Hound with the thought they'll never do an earth mode of him.

Looks like they are finally doing a Hatchet toy. I hope they do a boxset with Crowbar and Crankcase, but with Crankcase actually looking like Crankcase this time.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I never thought I'd replace the excellent Henkei Hound on my shelf, but this Earth Mode Hound looks incredible.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Huh. I was happy enough with Siege Hound (although I was definitely getting the endlessly rumoured Earth-mode Hound if and when it surfaced), but wow, that is looking much better than I expected. It's almost as if they've been paying attention to 3rd party toys

Also, sure, there's a reasonable good chance that these will turn up on retail shelves here just like BB Kup and Cliffjumper finally have, but there's also a reasonably good chance it won't; I'm not playing that lottery, and I suggest you don't either. I'll be snagging this as soon as it arrives anywhere online (which probably means The Falcon's Hangar).

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

How good does Hound look. I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Also, sure, there's a reasonable good chance that these will turn up on retail shelves here just like BB Kup and Cliffjumper finally have
    Where are they? I haven't seen them anywhere.

Kelpie, Buzzworthy Kup and CJ came to Target several weeks ago, but (at least in Perth) sold out fairly quickly (especially CJ, who should have been packed 3 not 2 to a case). And a lot of time (and sales) passed after the initial stock of Buzzworthy, suggesting the end. I really hope Hound doesn't do a Velocitron Cosmos... JJJ has a point about online purchase.

I'm excited by this Hound as I thought the Siege/Netflix one was not right robot-wise and definitely not jeep-wise. Yet again we get G1 cartoon toys that I feel could have been made many years ago, making other moulds redundant (going off on my conspiracy theories again... sorry). Still, I'll say it again - it's the golden age of G1 collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Looks like they are finally doing a Hatchet toy.
    This is the second Hatchet toy; the first one was the Cyberverse Commander Class figure back in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This is the second Hatchet toy; the first one was the Cyberverse Commander Class figure back in 2011.
    Underrated. Would love a larger scale re-do of it, even if having it transform into a Eurofighter was a bit random.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Not a shock, Earth mode Hound was overdue. Still a bit of a bummer that he's in an annoying exclusive spot, but maybe we'll see a glimmer of him here. I really love my Henkei Hound, he's one of the only survivors of old CHUG on my Autobots shelf, but it's hard to deny the sheer cartoon-ness of this guy. At least he was in IDW, he can find a second home there.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust