Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Travel Question

Default Time Travel Question

If you could go back in time and give a Transformer to a younger version of yourself, what would it be?

Let's establish some ground rules:
    Younger means being a kid, let's say around age 12, but definitely no older than 18.
    The reason you are handing it to yourself is because it's something you would actually enjoy back then.
    It has to be something you have in your collection now. Ideally a more modern toy that didn't exist when you were a kid.

My answer would be Siege Jetfire. MP-level play features in a durable CHUG toy. I reckon a 12yo me would've loved that toy to bits.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    If you could go back in time and give a Transformer to a younger version of yourself, what would it be?

Let's establish some ground rules:
    Younger means being a kid, let's say around age 12, but definitely no older than 18.
    The reason you are handing it to yourself is because it's something you would actually enjoy back then.
    It has to be something you have in your collection now. Ideally a more modern toy that didn't exist when you were a kid.
    Interesting idea this one. I would take Titan Trypticon.
    It has a cool base mode, nice decent looking spacehsip mode, IS HUUUUUUUGE and great dinosaur articulation. Considering that mid20s year old me had an awesome time playing with my RID Fort Max as a base, I would say 12 year old me would have an absolute blast with his options and play factor.

Titan Ark would blow my mind as well too, mainly because I'd be all like "Hell yeah! they made an Ark."

Although to be completely honest, just seeing a toy with the amount of articulation and character they have now would've blown my mind. Like comparing G1 Optimus with Earthrise for example. Boom! Ankle tilts are standard!!

I'd send my Siege Jetfire back - never got the Bandai Jetfire, brilliant-looking, battle gear accessories, massive by G1 size standards back then, cartoon-accurate, no Bandai clunkiness, and the flipping chest insignia would have been ultra cool!

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Anything by Magic Square. Just to give 12-year-old me hope that what he wants really can and will exist, eventually.

I'd show him a Super 7 ReAction TF as a joke, and then give him MP Skids, which has his favourite alt mode. He'd be impressed by the engineering for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Anything by Magic Square. Just to give 12-year-old me hope that what he wants really can and will exist, eventually.
    Can we stick to genuine TFs, as per rule #18?

/mod.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Bluestreak, which I never had - but wanted - as a kid.

Yeah, I know. Kid me would snap the damn windshield

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Hmmm, either Armada Optimus Prime, or Armada Tidal Wave, and tell the young me to heavily invest in Mini-cons.

I mean sure adult me ended up doing that, but I bet 8 year old me would've had his mind blown
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Knowing 12 year old me’s decisions and what I’ve grossly overpaid for these days, id force myself to get rts lugnut and not whatever movie figure i now have sitting in storage

If it was something modern i’d give him one of the wreckers 2 packs, what kid doesn’t love dinosaurs and i get a deluxe that can wear the dinosaur as armour/weapons, 12 year old me would be estatic

Haslab Unicron.

Young me would have an aneurysm.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain