• Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

1 25.00%
  • Not even interested

2 50.00%

Thread: Toy Review - WHEELIE (Studio Series)

Default Toy Review - WHEELIE (Studio Series)

AUTOBOT WHEELIE
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Studio Series
    Hypo-line - The Transformers The Movie
    Size/class - Core
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - III
    Released here - November 2022
    Approximate Retail Price - $20
    Approximate Size - 6cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Yes
    Main Features/Gimmicks - N/A
    Main Colours - Dutch patriotism
    Main Accessories - x1 slingshot

Oddly enough, this toy has three windscreens. The faux kibble windscreen on the head, another faux windscreen on the chest, and the actual vehicle's windscreen on the back of the robot. The bonnet panel just sticks out and resemble's G1 Cosmos' bottom. The toy comes with a slingshot which can also be stowed away in car mode. Speaking of which...
    The car mode is pretty rubbish, sacrificing Wheelie's traditional sleek chassis is replaced with something more boxy looking with an undersized front tip. The hands also are not at all concealed in vehicle mode and just protrude from the rear. Quite frankly, Titans Return Wheelie is still vastly superior; and both toys were $20 RRP. Overall a rather underwhelming figure.

As Gok said not the best transformer in the universe. Not even close. Yet I can't bring myself to say I hate the little guy. The bot mode is pretty damn class and evokes the most Wheelie-esque vibe/attitude of all his toy iterations. The vehicle mode, even with it's regrettable aesthetics, still brings some modicum of joy in how solid and tight it packs together which is in sharp contrast to the Titans Return version.

I was never really sold on the vehicle mode for this one, and after looking at Gok's pictures I find that I am horribly disturbed by the angle of his toes.... (Wheelies' toes, not Gok's. I don't think I've ever seen Gok's toes and, well, no offense to him, I am not particularly interested)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I still hope they revisit this one and bring us a version in the same scale as the other minibots.