• Only if cheap

1 25.00%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

2 50.00%
  • Not even interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - SLICER (& EXO-SUIT)

Default Toy Review - SLICER (& EXO-SUIT)

Decepticon SLICER & EXO-SUIT
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Shattered Glass Collection
    Size/class - Deluxes
    New/remould/redeco - Repaint of Earthrise Wheeljack and Black Roritchi
    Wave - 2
    Released here - ??? (2022)
    Approximate Retail Price - $90
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Sub-Group - Action Master
    Alt-mode - Lancia Stratos sports car and Cybertronian buggy
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Weaponiser
    Main Colours - Slicer = blue, black, red / Exo-Suit = red, black, pink
    Main Accessories - missile launcher, shotgun, muffler gun, x2 blasters

Note: As these toys are repaints of ER Wheeljack and Black Roritchi, comments will focus on differences made. Refer to the review threads for the original moulds for comments about those toys.

Thoughts
    * Slicer comes with a G1-accurate pink Evil Decepticon insignia, but Exo-Suit comes with a Shattered Glass red Heroic Decepticon insignia. So are we to believe that this is a regular-universe Slicer teamed up with a SG universe Exo-Suit? Wouldn't they be trying to kill each other? Anyway, I've put a purple Decepticon logo sticker on my Exo-Suit to keep me sane.
    * The colours of Slicer are clearly based on the BotCon 2010 Timelines "Decepticon Slice" toy rather than G1 Slicer. The new weapons are obviously also based on BotCon Slice, but so are the core colours of the toy itself.
    * The worst thing about Slicer is the fact that the rear panels of the car are painted. This makes it impossible for the two halves to come together and tab into the slots, thus making it impossible to fully transform into car mode without breaking one of the tabs. There's a reason why my photos of Slicer only ever show him in vehicle mode at angles that hide the opposite side's rear side panel!

Overall
    Not worth buying. The overuse of paint apps making it impossible to fully transform really detracts from the toy's functionality as a Transformer. Given that this toy hasn't been released here (and does not look like it will be); it's not worth the cost and effort of importing. If you want an evil Wheeljack toy, stick with [urhttp://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/27463-Toy-Review-EXHAUST-(Generations-Selects)]Generations Selects Exhuast[/url].

The paint clearance is not good enough. On my first transformation attempt, a tab broke off. I wasn't using excessive force, it was just too damn tight. Luckily he can live without that tab.

Which is a shame as everything else here is fantastic.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Does anyone have a pic or two with the TF Prime Dark Energon Wheeljack redeco?

RE: tab clearance. I was able to remove the paint on the tabs by twirling a cotton bud soaked in rubbing alcohol around them. It also removed a bit of paint elsewhere but since it's the back of the arm and that area is hidden in car mode I don't really care. If it really bothers you that much you can always paint it back in.

I know you shouldn't have to do this on such an expensive retail toy, but just mentioning it as a workaround if you still want to get Slicer and not have the tabs snap.

Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 5th December 2022 at 11:15 AM.

I've already got Earthrise Wheeljack and Generation Selects Exhaust. Not enough for me to jump on a third version of this mold.

Fixed thanks to Tha_Phantom's tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    I've already got Earthrise Wheeljack and Generation Selects Exhaust. Not enough for me to jump on a third version of this mold.
    Yeah, fair enough. I skipped Earthdom Wheeljack because I already have United Wheeljack (plus I have MP Wheeljack which scratches my itch for a cartoon-like Wheeljack to). So I also only have two versions of this mould too.

Earthdom Wheeljack was an easy pass for me because I already have United Wheeljack. Slicer is a G1 character who gets little love, having only had the 2010 BotCon toy plus this Shattered Glass figure. I never got the BotCon one so I jumped on the opportunity to get the SG version.

There's a 50:50 chance of me buying a CHUG toy if it's based on a character that's already been done in CHUG, whereas there's a 100% chance that I will get a CHUG toy if it's based on a G1 character that's making its CHUG debut. Bring on Legacy Needlenose!

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Does anyone have a pic or two with the TF Prime Dark Energon Wheeljack redeco?