Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The First Ever Transformers Review. (Hilarious, but real.)

How exactly did these Jonestown followers arrive at the conclusion that the Decepticon ship was called the "Star drive" ?

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    How exactly did these Jonestown followers arrive at the conclusion that the Decepticon ship was called the "Star drive"?
    It's because in 'Microbots', when the Decepticons go looking for the ship, Scavenger says "I'm pickin' up traces of cybertroid alloy. The stardrive is nearby!" (presumably meaning part of the ship, like a warp drive.)

Raksha and Skyflight thus (vehemently) believed the whole ship was called the Star Drive, and that - like a cattle drive - the Decepticons were going to reign in the stars. And for them, accepting that the ship was called the Nemesis was impossible, since they would have to acknowledge Beast Wars. As an example:

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha
    In a nice touch of respect for Decepticon fans, while the Decepticon ship in the G1 cartoon universe was given a name (the Star Drive), the Autobot ship was not. We're so used to calling it "the Ark," that this is a fact often forgotten. It may well have been called "the Ark" in the cartoon universe as well, but we have no way of knowing this, because the words were never spoken. "Officially," it's strictly a comics-universe term.

Ppffttt... it's called the Law of Retroactive Continuity (RetCon). As long as it comes from an official source, then it's legit. I think Raksha's refusal to accept official canonical retcons was just one of many issues she had with the fandom... there's also her rather controversial opinion about the Decepticons. I remember reading her report from attending the first BotCon UK and admitting that she got royally owned by UK fans who knew way more about G1 canon than she did.

I dunno... Raksha does cop a lot of flak from fans but I think Ben Yee put it best once when he said that no matter what you may think of her, there's no denying that she is (was) a highly dedicated Transfan who made noteworthy contributions to our fandom. I can't remember his exact words but it was something to this effect.

I never had anything but respect for Raksha, personally. So she had an alternative view of the Decepticons? Big Deal. She single-handedly organise the second BotCon and hand painted the exclusives. 'Nuff said.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Compare 75c in 1984 with $3.99 in 2008 though... anyone know how much petrol was per litre in 1984?
    About 25cpl.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I never had anything but respect for Raksha, personally. So she had an alternative view of the Decepticons? Big Deal. She single-handedly organise the second BotCon and hand painted the exclusives. 'Nuff said.
    dirge loves Rashcar

i feel like i missed a lot of history here....

And What happeend to Ben Yee. Last I looked BWTF.com was still shut down. That was my go-to site for reviews when i first got back into Transformers during Armada...
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

The Scream Man, your sig is awesome btw.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Ben's site is under major re-construction.

thanx

Guy I know said it on Fwooshnet. Cracked me up
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.