• Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if something else (specify)

1 33.33%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - Maximal LEO PRIME (Legacy)

Default Toy Review - Maximal LEO PRIME (Legacy)

LIO CONVOY
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Hypo-line - Evolution
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - Four
    Released here - January 2023
    Approximate Retail Prize - $50
    Approximate Size - 17cm
    Allegiance - Maximal
    Alt-mode - lion
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Evo-Fusion, left chest panel opens to reveal Matrix
    Main Colours - white, yellow, red
    Main Accessories - x2 pistols, x2 rifles

I like how Legacy Lio Convoy has a more realistic/organic looking lion mode with a cartoony-robot mode. Something that didn't appeal to me about the look of Masterpiece Lio Convoy was how the beast mode looked too cartoony (which is supposed to be the core thing with MP, I get it). But Legacy seems to be the best of both worlds. The Evo-Fusion gimmick is what was called the Weaponiser/Fossiler... basically it's the modular weapon gimmick with a new name. Although in the case of Lio Convoy, it is incidentally mostly similar to what the original toy has as well. The front legs also have built in blades. The fully yellow eyes looks weird, but I suspect it's due to how the toy was gang moulded.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I've never owned a Lio Convoy and I thought this would be the one. However those paws on the forearms really kill it for me. Nice looking figure otherwise.

However I think if I ever dip my toe into this character, I'd go Flame toys.. Yeah, it doesn't transform but man it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    However those paws on the forearms really kill it for me. Nice looking figure otherwise.
    It's because of source-accuracy. There are some drawbacks to this toy, but they can mostly be chalked up to source-accuracy; the same of which can be said for toys like HasLab Victory Sabre and even MPs. This toy has no inexcusable flaws (unlike say, Legacy Breakdown).