Thread: Top Ten of 2022

Default Top Ten of 2022

Post your Top Transformer acquisitions of 2022 here.
    We all know how this works.
    Feel free to provide any reason/s or any honourable mentions. Feel free to throw in your least favourite or most disappointing acquisitions too.

10. Siege Slamdance & KD Shadow Panther
    SP is probably a fig that didnt need to be made, but for me this is the best use of the mold (which I didnt like as Cheetor). So poseable and fun to muck with.
    I missed Flywheels so was very happy to nab Slamdance from a board member. Has been constant desk bot. Tons of fun.
    Both these have been my most mucked about with figs of the year.
    9. SS TLK Hot Rod
    Maybe a bit of recency bias, but this is an incredibly well done fig. Best deluxe car mode ever? Yep.
    8. KD Inferno
    Such a simple, fun, enjoyable mold. Like Blaster - not super exciting but solid and well done.
    7. SS Shatter
    excellent representation of my fav BBee movie character. Smashing toy. Easily my favourite deluxe jetformer.
    6. Legacy Blaster
    Nothing exciting or flashy. Just a real solid well done fig and excellent representation of character. This is what a voyager fig should be.
    5. KD Tigatron
    Stunning figure. Looks and poses so well. Excellent screen likeness. Paint is fantastic too. Brings me much joy.
    4. RotF Midwipe
    A semi-grail of sorts. So happy to finally have this. Yep the hand/knife gimmick is poor, but man oh man that alt-mode more than makes up for any bot mode shortcomings. Peak ROTF.
    3. SS (76) Thrust
    This was a black Friday impluse buy. Caught me by surprise how much I ended up liking & enjoying this figure! Fantastic looks, articulation, size, and molding details, with a nifty transformation.
    2. Legacy Galvatron
    There's nothing further to say about this one. This was nearly an easy number one, but....
    1. Cybertron Defence Scattorshot
    Ok, I have been coveting this mold for a long while, so naturally this is going to be my #1 for the year.
    This is the best Cybertron figure, and one of the best TFs of all time. Fight me.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I know what overall faves of the year look like from my poll, but I’d be keen to see more lists. So lto encourage more replies here, hers mine

My top 10 new TFs (opened) of 2022 (in no particular order)

• Velocitron Blurr - a favourite character, interesting tweaks to an already good toy, fantastic colour scheme and love the new head
    • Legacy Blaster - just a perfect modern version of the original, just needs some more tapes
    • Studio Series Sludge - another favorite character, best Sludge since the original (who was my childhood Dinobot). Don’t even mind the uncarriage clunkiness, it brings to mind the original
    • Legacy Tarantulas - best spider-bit so far, and such a fantastic likeness to the cartoon version
    • Studio Series Rumble - the cartoon Rumble I’ve always wanted, big improvement on the Siege toy version, just wish the weapons and toes were metallic
    • Legacy Knock-Out - great looking in both modes, love to see more non-Stunticon Decepticon cars, first experience with this mold and it’s a nice one
    • Velocitron Road Hauler - a toy I’ve already liked heaps in the other colours, happy to be playing with it again in green
    • Kingdom Tigatron - after the disappointing Cheetor, was blown away by how he’s better in ever single way and it’s a shame for scale a Cheetor had to be smaller. Leaps right off the screen
    • Libgdom Blackarachnia - the second best spider-bot (everything’s getting squished oddly) but a perfect Blackarachnia action figure (still need to swap her legs for the final cartoon accuracy)