Released here - February 2023
    Approximate Retail Prize - $45
    Approximate Size - 13cm to top of head, 13.5cm to top of shoulders
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Sub-Group - Junkion
    Alt-mode - tow truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - "Evolution" modular accessories
    Main Colours - brown, red, orange, beige, grey
    Main accessories - boom, hook, x2 dual engine-guns, spiked wheel/shield, x2 dual-mufflers

PROS:
    It's so satisfying having a modular TF that, unlike Weaponisers and Fossilisers, doesn't rely on being a Partsformer to "transform." Scraphook is a proper Transformer that happens to have a lot of accessories and parts that can detach, but you don't need to dis/reassemble him to "transform." I also love how he's a new character and concept. Other Junkions are typically motorcycles like Wreck-Gar, but here is one who is a tow-truck. It still fits the rubbish tip theme of the Junkions, much like Animated Wreck-Gar (and unlike e-Hobby Detritus). His colour scheme and the assorted Mad Max-esque spikes sculpted above the wheel arches and bonnet, as well as the inclusion of a spiked wheel/shield are all uniform with the typical Junkion design aesthetics seen on other toys, especially Studio Series Wreck-Gar and Junkheap. The eye patch is also a neat touch.

CONS:
    The forearms on my Scraphook detach super easily. I might need to tighten them up. The large peg on the front of the left foot which is meant to help connect the grill halves is far too thick. I had to file mine down a lot just to have it insert into the opposing hole, but even then - and as you can see in my photos - it still won't sit flush. I'm not sure if these are common QA issues or just isolated to my figure.

This isn't a remark about the toy itself, but the name "Scraphook" is a bit annoying to type because my brain keeps on autocorrecting my fingers to type "Scrapbook." Every instance of the word "Scraphook" that you see in this post required me to stop typing and consciously, deliberately and slowly type "Scrap-H-ook" on my desktop keyboard. It's even worse when typing on my phone. On the plus side, if you just Google "scraphook" then you're gonna get results on this toy, since it's not a word that exists in English or refers to anything else.

OVERALL:
    I'm curious to see what the QC is like on other people's Scraphooks. Please comment and let us know! If the QC issues I've experienced are isolated, then I would recommend getting this toy; I think that it's a neat idea having a proper transforming modular TF. But if the QC problems are widespread, then I would recommend getting on sale.

Scraphook is great. The only issue i've had on mine so far is when going into truck mode. When having to twist the forearm around one peg and getting it into the rear of the car, one side was stiffer than the other and I was worried about stressing that joint.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Scraphook is great. The only issue i've had on mine so far is when going into truck mode. When having to twist the forearm around one peg and getting it into the rear of the car, one side was stiffer than the other and I was worried about stressing that joint.
    Pleased with mine, wasn't going to order originally but I just grabbed him when I saw him. The post in question for mine was very tight, if I transform him back I'll be giving mine a bit of a sand.

As for the arms, yes, both of mine popped off 2-3 times trying to rotate the joint, so I turned it by hand and then popped them back on, little sad to see a joint like that, surely this is a known thing they observed but left as is, no way it was missed.

I doubt i'm going to be transforming him back into car mode that much. At least then I wont worry about that issue too often.

Love the look of his tow truck mode

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Mine is the same. One peg barely turns and the forearm would rather come off then turn with it... the rest seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Love the look of his tow truck mode
    Me too! The Mad Max-iness really tickles my fancy. Add to that the modular nature of the accessories and the cool look of the robot it's a great figure. Pretty articulate, and not having to reassemble him for Transformation is nice. Although the arms into vehicle mode is a bit fiddly, but I think its notthat much of negative point.
    Tolerances on mine are spot on, nothing too loose, and the roo-bar thing manages to clip nicely together. It can be a bit of a pain to pull apart sometimes though.

I've been fiddling with this guy everyday since I've had him and think he is up there for toy of the year IMHO.

Also, in my head-canon, he is good mates with Outback. Scraphook is a tough bot and kind of has the survivalist feel to him, which is something I reckon Outback would appreciate.