• Only if something else (specify)

1 10.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - TARN

Not the greatest transforming robot in the world but he is a work of art in all other regards. Sculpting is gorgeous, colours dangerous, poseability righteous and weapons system cool as frangelico,

Only petty criticism I can levy (asides from the dull transformation) is that I wish they worked harder to make that light piping catch more light as it looks divine when lit. Also some blast effects for those backpack "beam sabers" would have been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    He's a nice looking robot, and he stands out as something different in this G1-heavy era. Something not quite "Transformer" like about him?

Gave up trying to get him to tank mode, chest fell off and could not make sense of what the instructions were trying to say about how to make the arms work.

But his robot mode is the reason to have the figure so ok.
    Emgo has a good transformation video on youtube
    https://youtu.be/NEvDuFCh0rE

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Not the greatest transforming robot in the world but he is a work of art in all other regards. Sculpting is gorgeous, colours dangerous, poseability righteous and weapons system cool as frangelico,
    This is always the problem when a toy is based on artwork, rather than allowing art to be based on toys. Masterpiece is all about ramping up the budget and prices to work around the limitations of non-toyetic cartoon designs. And it's no different with comic book designs.

I would still love to have a G1-accurate CHUG Rack 'N' Ruin and Xaaron figures, but I realise that those designs were never terribly toyetic. They did do a great job with Impactor though. There's a chance that they might just cleverly retool existing moulds rather than spending more money developing new moulds, especially as many of these characters have limited to no repaint potential. We've seen several examples of this, such as the Hero is Born Alpha Trion being retooled from Scourge, and the upcoming Devcon being a heavy retool of Blurr etc.

But given that Tarn is a whole new mould based on a non-toyetic IDW comic design, and limited to a Voyager price point/budget, I think that HasTak have done a tarn good job.