1 12.50%
  • Only if something else (specify)

1 12.50%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even worth it

1 12.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - BUMBLEBEE (ROTB Deluxe)

I can't not see the Doom Blade from Doom Eternal whenever I look at his arm knife.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Are they called box cutters? Slide the blade forward, reminds me of that type of blade

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Are they called box cutters? Slide the blade forward, reminds me of that type of blade
    Yes. Box cutters or Stanley knives.

Bumblebee definitely needs custom paint. Those bright blue eyes are really the main focal point that makes him look a bit off.

Custom by NeoInstaToyz
    https://www.instagram.com/neoinstatoyz/

As great as that custom looks, I wouldn't expect Hasbro to go that far on a Deluxe Class budget. Not even Premium Finish gets to that level of detailing and they're about twice the price. As gorgeous as these customs may be, it would also make the toy expensive to the point that most people wouldn't be wiling to pay that price.

I do agree that ROTB Bumblebee does need more paint apps though; for what we're paying they could've at least painted the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As great as that custom looks, I wouldn't expect Hasbro to go that far on a Deluxe Class budget. Not even Premium Finish gets to that level of detailing and they're about twice the price. As gorgeous as these customs may be, it would also make the toy expensive to the point that most people wouldn't be wiling to pay that price.

I do agree that ROTB Bumblebee does need more paint apps though; for what we're paying they could've at least painted the blade.
    I get that the custom paint job is definitely more than we would expect on a normal Deluxe figure but it at least highlights that it is a great figure. I was initially not going to get the new Bumblebee until I saw that he can look better with some added paint.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

This. It really feels like people's expectations are getting too high these days. I still don't see any problem with the base figure as it is, blade aside.

It was just recently pointed out to me that the fingers on my Bumblebee's left fist are unpainted. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me? Looking at photos and videos of this toy, it looks like Bumblebee's fingers are painted on both hands, so I could just have a dud here.

Confirming that once I saw him in person the paint was much less of an issue - but I'll certainly be painting up the blade!

I've since acquired another Bumblebee (from JB Hifi) and both hands are painted. Looks like I got unlucky with my first one.