• Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 20.00%

Thread: Toy Review - BATTLETRAP (ROTB Voyager)

Default Toy Review - BATTLETRAP (ROTB Voyager)

BATTLETRAP
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Studio Series
    Hypo-line - Rise of the Beasts
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 19
    Released here - February 2023
    Approximate Retail Prize - $55
    Approximate Size - 16cm
    Allegiance - Terrorcon
    Alt-mode - GMC tow truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - N/A
    Main Colours - orange and dark grey
    Main accessories - mace

An absolutely gorgeous sculpt with exquisite Liquorice AllSorts-esque colours. I normally hate battle damage paint apps on toys, but the damage marks on the front bumper are actually really well done and looks great; he doesn't look like he's been playing silver paintball skirmish. The mace weapon reminds me of Bulkhead; I would've preferred a gun, but I guess it's an incentive to buy Freezer. The towing apparatus does kinda get in the way with the elbows, but you can reconfigure them to be more out of the way. The robot hands and feet are clearly visible in tow truck mode, with the hands arguably being more of an eyesore.

Transformation tip
    The front panel/roof section can be tricky to tab in. I watched some YouTube videos where reviewers just used excessive force and then complain about how it feels like they're going to break the toy, but then also complaining about how the rear tabs become undone like a game of Whack-A-Mole; and I initially struggled with this too (so frustrating!) until I worked it out. On either side of the engine block you will see two L-shaped panel lines; you want to push down on these L-shaped gaps to make the bonnet sit flush. Once you do that, everything else just tabs into place perfectly. Frustration gone! Untab these parts first when reversing the transformation.

Overall:
    A fantastic toy. Highly recommended.

Battletrap is an awesome figure. Highly recommended. Gave him a combiner wars shotgun. Also you can angle the black hooks behind his shoulders in bot mode to hide them more.

I just picked this up. It's fun. The tabbing together in truck is not hugely secure and satisfying, but doable. Apart from that, it's an enjoyable figure.

Has anyone else noticed how in step 30 of the instructions it looks like there's supposed to be two tabs on the top of the forearms for the roof to plug into? They seem to have disappeared on the toy itself. They're clearly visible on the cover image of the instructions and I just looked at the development images on king_samlock's Instagram and they're there. I'm guessing they may have found them too hard to align properly so they got rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher31 View Post
    I just picked this up. It's fun. The tabbing together in truck is not hugely secure and satisfying, but doable. Apart from that, it's an enjoyable figure.
    See the "Transformation Tip" comment in my first post on how to make the tabbing far easier and less frustrating