• Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 50.00%

Thread: Toy Review - AIRAZOR (ROTB Deluxe)

Default Toy Review - AIRAZOR (ROTB Studio Series)

AIRAZOR
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Studio Series
    Hypo-line - Rise of the Beasts
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New (that's right)
    Wave - 19
    Released here - February 2023
    Approximate Retail Prize - $35
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Maximal
    Alt-mode - Technorganic peregrine falcon
    Main Features/Gimmicks - N/A
    Main Colours - gold and beige
    Main accessories - x2 photon blasters

First up, this toy is NOT a retool of Kingdom Airazor, she is a whole new mould with shared engineering with KD Airazor (just as ROTB Bumblebee has shared engineering with every other Studio Series Bumblebee toy, but is a new mould). This toy is larger than her Kingdom counterpart (in both robot and falcon modes) and has a few more tricks with the transformation, such as the torso being able to become longer or shorter thanks to a pair of Zed-joints. I'm not a fan of the decision to make the Maximals in this film all Technorganic, but this toy is so well done that I've ended up really liking it!

I nearly passed this toy up, but there's really more to her than meets the eye. Much like Cheetor, I didn't have high hopes for the Airazor (or the Maximals in general), but both toys have truly exceeded my expectations and turned this skeptic into a fan of both figures. If the other ROTB Maximals can at least match the standard set by Cheetor and Airazor, then I'm going to be one very happy chappy. It's one thing for a toy to impress someone who was expecting to like it; but in this case, Airazor has impressed someone who was expecting not to be impressed. I am impressed!

Recommended.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 22nd April 2023 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Title changed to differentiate from non-Studio Series mainline Deluxe Airazor