Released here - April 2023
    Approximate Retail Price - $40
    Approximate Size - 12cm to top of head, 13.5cm to top of exhaust pipes
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Sub-Group - Junkion
    Alt-mode - Motorcycle
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Modular Evo-Fusion features
    Main Colours - grey, brown, orange
    Main Accessories - x2 saddle bag guns, x2 exhaust pipes, rear-tyre saw blade

Thoughts:
    * A great and original classical Junkion design. I'm usually not a fan of asymmetry, but it works really well here on Crashbar as a Junkion.
    * Simple but intuitive transformation
    * Haven't tried it out yet, but not sure if other Transformers can ride Crashbar in motorcycle mode. There doesn't appear to be any anchorage points for a rider, and the handles aren't sculpted to plug into fists.
    * Motorcycle abounds with 5mm ports, including 3 at the back which you could use to connect blast effects parts to.
    * No loose joints! Sure, some joints will pop off, but that's due to the nature of the modular gimmick. But none of them pop out too easily. I didn't need to tighten any joints on this toy.
    * Despite his name, Crashbar does not have a crash bar. His engine is fully exposed in motorcycle mode. Yeah, I know most motorcycles don't have crash bars, but it's just kinda weird given his name. Imagine if Siren didn't have a lightbar, or if Wheeljack didn't come with a wheeljack.

Overall:
    I don't even care about the Evo-Fusion feature, but for those of you who enjoy modular gimmicks (e.g. C.O.M.B.A.T. System, A.I.R. Lock System, F.O.S.S.I.L. Technology etc.), then you'll be in for an additional treat. But as a stand-alone toy, he's a really nice figure. I am enjoying how, unlike previous modular TFs, the Evo-Fusion TFs can transform without going all Omega Supreme by being disassembled and reassembled. They're just regular Transformers who just happen to be able to be pulled apart and reassembled... which suits the Junkions perfectly!

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I hate line wide gimmicks and gimmicks for gimmicks sake.

However this fits the Junkion motif, can be ignored if you don't care for it and doesn't impact look or feel of the figure.

I haven't got any yet but this is a win in my book and fits so much better than any of the other "systems" that I actively avoided. I might pick a couple up if I see them cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I hate line wide gimmicks and gimmicks for gimmicks sake.

However this fits the Junkion motif, can be ignored if you don't care for it and doesn't impact look or feel of the figure.
    I'm inclined to agree with you. I think the best gimmicks are the ones that complement the toy, rather than a toy that complements the gimmick. Or as EmGo would say, "It's a thing you can do if you want to do it," but you don't have to! I much prefer over overriding gimmicks like say Headmasters. I really was not a huge fan of how Titans Return made every Joe Blow a Headmaster; as much as really like toys like the TR Jumpstarters, I would prefer if they weren't Headmasters. And it's not a gimmick that you can ignore, because anytime you transform them, they have to "Head On!" I've personally never used the Evo-Fusion gimmick, but I'm enjoying these toys in their own right as action figures.

Heck, I've never even combined any of my Power of the Prime Dinobots. Ever. But I still like them as stand alone Dinobot figures. And if people enjoy POTP Volcanicus, that's a thing they can enjoy if they want to do it, I just choose not to. And that's the great thing about gimmicks that don't compromise the core design of the figure; it gives you choice. Whereas gimmick-heavy toys either live or die by their gimmick; you either love or hate it depending on whether you love or hate the gimmick.

Probably biased because he's a motorcycle but I'd like to say that I can impartially declare that Crashbar is easily the best of the partsforming Junkions. Has the best overall aesthetics, poseability, transformation and accessories. The others definitely feel lacking in comparison.

Also love the various fan-made Junkasaurus combiners that you can pull off with this guy.

Truly a standout figure of the Legacy line.

I like Crashbar a lot, although his name doesn't really fit too well with him I feel. Having learnt that each Junkion kinda has a TV trait to them (well, Wreck-Gar and TRashmaster who likes wrestling shows), I like to imprint a bit of my own head canon onto them. So Crashbar here is a bit of an Easy Rider as opposed to a dude that goes fast and smashes into something.

The robot mode is good, very flexible and its modular nature is fun. The blades in the wheel is a really nice addition, although I have trouble making it into a nice looking weapon.
    Transformation feels very Animated Prowl like and the bike mode is pretty nice, if a bit floppy. You have to peg it together with the exhaust pipes and saddle bag things.

Also his facial hair is great!