Series - Generations
Sub-line - Legacy
Hypo-line - Evolution
Size/class - Voyager
New/remould/redeco - Repaints of Kingdacy Blaster & Eject
Wave - 5
Released here - April 2023
Approximate Retail Price - $39.20
Approximate Size - 17cm (Twincast); 5.5cm (Rewind)
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - portable radio cassette player (Twincast); cassette tape (Rewind)
Main Features/Gimmicks - Twincast can hold cassette in chest compartment with spring loaded door.
Main Colours - blue, yellow, white with black and red accents
Main Accessories - Electro-Scrambler gun

Note: Twincast and Rewind are repaints of Kingdom/Legacy Blaster and Eject respectively. Refer to the Kingdom Blaster/Eject review thread for comments of the original moulds; this thread will focus on changes made.

Unlike G1 Twincast, Legacy Twincast is predominantly a repaint of Blaster. This means that the inside of the chest has not been modified to hold cassettes, he still only holds one. This is understandable as the back part of the torso is used to store the head. G1 Twincast was able to have his torso deepened because the original Microman Micro Change Sound Warrior Radicasse Robo toy had all of its electronics gutted when Hasbro retooled it as Blaster. Takara basically took advantage of this available internal real estate to allow Twincast to hold a second cassette; as opposed to Soundwave, whose chest door was completely replaced with a larger one to hold a second cassette when he became Soundblaster.

Twincast does have at least one new part, and that is his face which now features a grin. I am personally not a fan of this, as I prefer my Transformers to have neural facial expressions. It's not as egregious as the faeces-eating grin on Legacy Hauler, but I'm not loving it either. Twincast's face is also yellow with blue eyes instead of silver with yellow eyes like G1 Twincast; this is obviously to emulate the colours of Twincast's cartoon model.

Rewind is chiefly moulded in transparent black plastic, which is consistent with the transparent blue plastic on Kingdom/Legacy Eject. Of course, we did have transparent cassette cases in various colours, so as a cassette tape this looks fine. I'm personally not a fan of a transparent robot though; especially when G1 Eject and Rewind were never transparent. Not a deal breaker, but again... not lovin' it.

Overall: if you've experienced the Kingdom Blaster/Eject then you pretty much know what you're in for with Twincast/Rewind. WYSIWYG.