Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legacy Evolution CMDR class Armada Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    There are no mini-con ports, no. That's not something Hasbro is generally doing with the Legacy toys.
    It is weird given that Hot Shot has one, but Optimus and Starscream don't

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yep, and there was no sign of them on Megatron when shown off either. Consistency doesn't seem to be a thing for Hasbro's design team at the best of times.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Yep, and there was no sign of them on Megatron when shown off either. Consistency doesn't seem to be a thing for Hasbro's design team at the best of times.
    ???? It is a strange one... I really liked the minicon activated blade on Megatron... was hoping that we might get it on the new one

Not that strange, really. It's a budget thing.
    They prioritised minicon gimmicks the first time around and the figures suffered for it (some more than others). So I'm glad they're prioritising articulation this time around. At least it's something different and gives people options.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I don't think anyone is asking to have Minicons active a gimmick, they just want a port to plug them into.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I really liked the minicon activated blade on Megatron... was hoping that we might get it on the new one
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I don't think anyone is asking to have Minicons active a gimmick, they just want a port to plug them into.
    You might want to reread the comment above mine, because I was responding to exactly that.

I do agree the lack of minicon ports is a tad odd, but also, it doesn't really matter much since they wouldn't do anything anyway. I get it on Hot Shot as you can plug in Jolt in his "fan" mode, but the others never had anything like that. All it would achieve is having a random minicon hang off them in some way, which doesn't really enhance the look of the figure.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    It is weird given that Hot Shot has one, but Optimus and Starscream don't
    Technically Starscream does have one, it's just part of the detailing where it would usually have been

Random minions hanging off them in some way was half the appeal of the Armada sublime. I’m going to see if I can find a 3D printing file for minicon ports, as I really want to be able to display my figures with ACTUAL mini-cons. God knows I have to many spare ones floating around, from all the exclusives they released over the years.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!