• Only if cheap

1 14.29%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

2 28.57%
  • Not even interested

1 14.29%

Thread: Toy Review - WHEELJACK (Rise of the Beasts Deluxe)

Default Toy Review - WHEELJACK (Rise of the Beasts Deluxe)

WHEELJACK
    Series - Rise of the Beasts
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - April 2023
    Approximate Retail Prize - $35
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autbot
    Alt-mode - Approximated Volkswagen bus
    Main Features/Gimmicks - N/A
    Main Colours - bronze, white, black
    Main accessories - x1 gun

We finally have a bus Transformer!!!
    Let us now perform the Dance of Joy...

...now if only HasTak would give us a chicken Transformer.

Alt Mode of Win(TM) aside, this is my second-favourite Rise of the Beasts toys that I've handled so far, second only to Voyager Optimus Prime. There is just so much win happening in this figure that I often forget that this is a mainline toy and not Studio Series. And it's really the unlicensed VW mode that give it away as a mainline toy to me. The toy looks great in both modes and is loads of fun to play with. The transformation is both fun and intuitive.

Easter Egg

I first handled Wheeljack nearly two months ago when helping out with Hasbro's Big W videos; and there's a little Easter Egg that I would never have registered, and it's only noticeable to me now that I've seen the new spoilerrific trailer. For those of you avoiding spoilers and thus trailers, this has nothing to do with the story but just with Wheeljack's design. In the new trailer, we can see a pair of wings extending from the sides of Wheeljack's head. This toy has those wings sculpted on the sides of the head (in retracted position)! And in case you missed it, here it is:

That is an impressive piece of detail on a mainline figure.

My only teeny tiny gripe is that the gun post is a smidge thick, requiring some twisting to get it to insert all the way into the fists or 5mm ports, which I didn't do when I took the photos seen here (hence why the gun is sitting rather high up). I'm also not a fan of Wheeljack having only three fingers and a thumb on each hand (same as Bumblebee), but that's how he appears in the movie so I can't fault the toy for that.

Overall
    Shut up and give Hasbro your money for this toy!

A good figure but way too small. Trying to clear his head through the front part of the car whilst transforming was scary though

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Trying to clear his head through the front part of the car whilst transforming was scary though
    The trick to this is to ensure that the chest/bonnet is pulled all the way up to provide clearance.