• Only if cheap

1 16.67%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 16.67%

Thread: Toy Review - WAR DAWN (Legacy Ariel & Dion)

Default Toy Review - WAR DAWN (Legacy Ariel & Dion)

Cybertronian ERIAL & DION
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Repaint/retool of Legacy Arcee & Studio Series Kup respectively
    Wave - N/A (Hasbro Pulse exclusive)
    Released here - ??? May 2023
    Approximate Retail Price - $85
    Approximate Size - 14cm (Dion); 13cm (Erial)
    Allegiance - Civilian
    Alt-mode - Cybertronian ute (Dion); Cybertronian motorcycle (Erial)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - 80s Nostalgia
    Main Colours - Dion: orange & blue, Erial: pinks and white
    Main Accessories - Tool-guns, dispenser

NOTE: These toys are retools and repaints of Legacy Arcee and Studio Series Kup. Refer to the respective review threads for the original moulds; this thread will focus on changes made.

Overall Thoughts

Motorcycle kibble aside, the Legacy Arcee mould works well enough as Ariel. And to be fair, Ariel never transformed in War Dawn, so for all we know she could've been a motorbike. The Studio Series Kup mould does work better as Dion; but that may be due to Dion having a relatively more toyetic design than Ariel. As the first Ariel toy there is no other figures to compare her too, but she's a perfectly cromulent Ariel figure. Legacy Dion is the third Dion toy so far, and he's definitely the best of the three (not that it's hard to be better than eHobby Dion ).

A beautiful rendition of the two characters and a great homage to one of the late David Wise's enduring legacies to the Transformers lore. Recommended.

These guys are fine, I picked up my set from JB. It's very funny looking across a shelf of battle-hardened sharp war characters and then getting to these guys in their soft civilian colours and features. Ariel is a little ugly but she gets the job done for the character we saw. My CW Aerialbots and A Hero is Born set are packed up at home, but should be great together.

I'd still like to see Legacy Armada Hot Shot done up as Dion, for a niche nod to the older toy.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust