View Poll Results: Are you adding Armada Optimus Prime to your collection!

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I love Transformers Armada and want him in my collection!

6 50.00%
  • Yes, but only if cheaper.

4 33.33%
  • Maybe, depends if I want him or not.

0 0%
  • I don't like him, he needs sparkplug!

0 0%
  • I don't care for Transformers Armada characters.

2 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Legacy Evolution Armada Universe Optimus Prime

I can understand the Legacy Armada toys not including Mini-Cons; it would significantly add to the budget. But I personally think that it'd be nice if they included some "dead" Mini-Con ports. AFAIK that wouldn't add anything to the budget, and it would allow these toys to be reverse-compatible with Armada Mini-Cons. It's similar to how some CHUG Targetmasters don't come with transforming Targetmaster weapons (e.g. Siege Spinister), but the toy is able to use the G1 Targetmaster weapons.

The exclusion of Singe and Hairsplitter was likely done for budgetary reasons, but Siege Spinister is able to hold G1 Singe and Hairsplitter.

I'm with GP on this.

It's not the lack of inclusion of a new Sparkplug, or the lack of a gimmick. It's just that it would have been a nice nod to have a dead port or two to connect old minicons.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I'm with GP on this.

It's not the lack of inclusion of a new Sparkplug, or the lack of a gimmick. It's just that it would have been a nice nod to have a dead port or two to connect old minicons.
    Given the commander price point... you think that there would have been enough budget to fit it in

Yeah it's probably not a budget thing. Thinking about it further, I wonder if it's due to them not wanting to have a figure covered in pegs and holes.
    It may even be a directive from Hasbro corporate about not going against the established universal play pattern, which is 5mm ports.
    Also, the designers have hinted at wanting to redo minicons down the track and so those may have a flip out 5mm peg, rather than a traditional minicon port.

I know none of this is going to satisfy anyone, but just my thoughts on what may be the case behind the scenes.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yeah it's probably not a budget thing. Thinking about it further, I wonder if it's due to them not wanting to have a figure covered in pegs and holes.
    It may even be a directive from Hasbro corporate about not going against the established universal play pattern, which is 5mm ports.
    Also, the designers have hinted at wanting to redo minicons down the track and so those may have a flip out 5mm peg, rather than a traditional minicon port.

I know none of this is going to satisfy anyone, but just my thoughts on what may be the case behind the scenes.
    Ultimately for me it's a minor nitpick anyway.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Just have to say - the poll options didn't work for me. I have no love for the Armada series at all BUT there's some excellent character designs there that I really like and have wanted in the collection for a while. This is one of them!

I'd be keen for an Armada Red Alert and Cyclonus too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Just have to say - the poll options didn't work for me. I have no love for the Armada series at all BUT there's some excellent character designs there that I really like and have wanted in the collection for a while. This is one of them!
    Agreed. This is why I prefer and use the standard poll options set out by griffin:
    "Worth buying?"
    Yes
    Only if cheap
    Only if something else (specify)
    No
    Not even interested

I like the "Worth buying?" question as it solely focuses on whether or not you think the toy is worth purchasing; regardless of your personal views.
    e.g. I have zero interest in owning Legacy Evolution Armada Optimus Prime. I do not want him in my collection, but that doesn't mean that I think that it's a bad to or not worth purchasing. It's purely because it's not what I want to collect is all. If the poll question were, "Worth buying?" then I would have absolutely voted "Yes." I do think that this toy is worth the Commander Class price point, even though I personally don't care for it. Although I could also tick the "Not even interested" option too (but that's really an "abstain from voting" option).