Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Acquisitions Etiquette?

I don't believe we need any sort of acquisitions etiquette.

Those who have questionable methods will be (and have been) judged by their peers. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    From another perspective-
    Some may choose not to post acquisitions because they feel that their single toy for the month (which is all they can afford) is insignificant compared to some members monthly hauls. I know when i first joined on here the first thing i thought of was- How do people afford all this stuff.
    (JOKE)
    The answer lies in my sig

Keep the aqui thread as it is, all forums have one anyhow, for me just dont post stuff you got that's not yours anyway.... just post YOUR stuff and then mention it because it would be of interest to some parties that have asked you mebbe to get for em, if you ever did manage to snag some e.g. Oh BTW so and so I got your XYZ fig as well, period. Simple
    Oh and yeah no posting how you conned this or someone, thats against board rules anyhow, just state you got this for this price if someone comment wow howd you get it, well do it by PM.. Again simple
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    why? Its like a victory against over, over priced shops

plus, the person gets it cheaper!

A victory? I hear childish rants, harrassment of little old ladies and young junior managers, scams, doubletalk and deceit... some victory... all so you can afford more toys?

I personally enjoy the thread in its present form. Though I could be a far more active poster in that thread myself I rarely am b/c I'm too lazy but that never stops me from enjoying what other people get. It's part of the community and so often we all know each other and seeing the pics gives that sense of community. Especially where you recognise that table or that computer in the background of someone's place. It adds to the sense of community in my opinion and I'm happy as it is. The other aspect I like is to here how people got their stuff, especially if there was some interesting twist to it all. That helps give this place a lot of life.

I do agree though that the initial perception of the thread is that it's a pissing contest but once you've been here awhile its one of the lovelliest and picture-filled threads
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

why? Its like a victory against over, over priced shops

plus, the person gets it cheaper!
    [staff]
    Bragging about defrauding stores is against board rules.
    [/staff]

True, but i still dont understand why most people feel that way.

As for etiquette, its not as though someone has posted (to my infallible knowledge) "HAHAHAHAHa i got this today! I pried it from so and so's hands and ran off"

Just dont read the acquiring thread if you are easily offended

True, but i still dont understand why most people feel that way.
    PMed.

Regarding the Acquisitions themselves, I enjoy seeing the obscure & HTF stuff people manage to get their hands on. Even if I have some of it. It's always great seeing someone has managed to get their hands on Liokaiser (or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    PMed.

sorry dirge

i already sold that item

I don't really have any problems at how acquisitions are presented. Be it singular or multiple, for themselves and/or others, common or rare. All is welcome.

I think when you begin to become envious or jealous of any acquisition is a time that you need to have a good look at your hobby and think whether its still about fun or is it becoming a laborious job.

Just keep them coming in any size, shape or form. It's always fun regardless.

Well

i think that people should dress appropriately

and that curse language should be discouraged, except when its blatantly called for.

Oh and could we all see our way to not smoking in the aquisitions thread. Some of us dislike tobacco smoke

thankyou