Thread: Acquisitions Etiquette?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    On a side note, my GF was quite shocked when she discovered we posted our acquisitions. She said it seemed like a pissing contest. Is it?
    It sure is

I like to give a little review (even if it's just a sentence) of what I think of the toy/item when I post an acquistion so it's not just "look at what I got". And I usually don't get much that everyone else isn't already getting anyway.

The only ettiqute I personally would like to see is:
    a) Bulk purchases are explained (most people do this anyway)
    b) Stories of how the purchaser conned seller (store, ebayer, etc) are avoided

Why are we making things so difficult for ourselves? We are here for the fun and collecting TFs is our hobby.... so just cool down and let the year end in peace and harmony. We sometimes take others for granted but that doesn't mean we don't care.
    So, let the acquisitions thread run as it is, with pics or no pics...it doesn't matter if you post your acquisitions or not.

If we wanna be discreet, just post our own acquisition next time and let others post theirs when they collected their share of the bulk order/purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Why are we making things so difficult for ourselves? We are here for the fun and collecting TFs is our hobby.... so just cool down and let the year end in peace and harmony. We sometimes take others for granted but that doesn't mean we don't care.
    So, let the acquisitions thread run as it is, with pics or no pics...it doesn't matter if you post your acquisitions or not.

If we wanna be discreet, just post our own acquisition next time and let others post theirs when they collected their share of the bulk order/purchase?
    Ultimately any decision on "rules" would be up to the board staff to enforce. I don't see that happening, but some discussion around the acquistions threads is fine.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Can we run a poll on 'Who likes Paulbot's new font?'

I admit I do get jealous/envious when I see a mountain of the same toy (local AND import eg. brand new Henkei). But I don't feel it gives me any ground to stop the others from having their fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Can we run a poll on 'Who likes Paulbot's new font?'
    Is this a new font for "Mod mode"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Is this a new font for "Mod mode"?
    Yeah I'm experimenting between ways to separate regular posting and moderator posting

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yeah I'm experimenting between ways to separate regular posting and moderator posting
    I'm sure roller will copy it and use it on unsuspecting new comers.