1 14.29%
  • Only if something else

0 0%
  • No

1 14.29%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - BEACHCOMBER (Legacy)

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Is anyone finding that the soft gummy plastic for the bird means he won’t hold on the peg well? I just know I’m going to lose that damn bird at some point.
    Good luck getting a replacement parrot.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Finally opened mine.

Great figure, however first impressions from the pictures were right and as others have said, the legs are not good in shape. Too blocky in both modes but the alt mode is the one that suffers the most.

I guess that just means that Hasbro can do another one and improve on this one. Yay more Beachcombers!!

Overall, not going to dampen my appreciation for the figure, still a good 'un.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Is anyone finding that the soft gummy plastic for the bird means he won’t hold on the peg well? I just know I’m going to lose that damn bird at some point.
    I guess it depends on where you're trying to place it. Works fine on the shoulder peg. Hand, not so bad. Really have to jam it in there to stay on the forearm.

I can understand the criticism that the front of the dune buggy is kind of slab-sided and angular, but that's faithful to the original toy as seen in Gok's photos, and furthermore, the Chenowth Fast Attack Vehicle that the original toy is based on has that angular shape. I think it's the height of the bonnet line on the Legacy figure that makes the bonnet stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I can understand the criticism that the front of the dune buggy is kind of slab-sided and angular, but that's faithful to the original toy as seen in Gok's photos, and furthermore, the Chenowth Fast Attack Vehicle that the original toy is based on has that angular shape. I think it's the height of the bonnet line on the Legacy figure that makes the bonnet stand out.
    Agreed. The only thing that bothers me is the height of the bonnet line. It's a shame they didn't have extra budget to make that bit fold down or hide away somehow.
    That aside, I got mine yesterday and in hand it feels really solid. The faux-rubber tires make it roll so nicely too! A definite improvement over the previous version, in my opinion.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I dunno... It looks like all figures round off at the knees except for this one. It'd be nice if we got a bit of form here.

However as mentioned, not really going to complain. The animation model is pretty square from memory and if there's something to nit-pick, then there's reason for an update.

Now I have this in hand... I don't love the vehicle mode but I don't hate it. When I see it from across the room it looks enough like the Beachcomber toy I've had since 1985 (one of my very first TFs so a special 'bot).

I was surprised by just how small Paradise Parakeet is though.