Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TMNT Mutant Mayhem

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    and apparently (I saw it on eBay) there�s a turtle vs bad-guy as well
    Huh, did not know about that. Battle Pack, with Leo and Superfly. With some extra paint for battle scratches. Oh, and one for Mikey and Leatherhead.

First sighting personally for wave 2. There was a Scumbug and Wingnut at a Kmart for me today, and only $10 each. Only went with Wingnut for now but also finally completed my Turtle set. Looking at the website the pizza van (the vehicle not the figure set that looks like the van) is only $50, that might seal the deal for me.

Still surprised by the quality compared to previous offerings, especially when even those have been "replaced" by simple vintage reissues for more money than these new figures in the past few years. The Turtles are one thing, I remember back in 2012 loving them and then seeing that they got most of the budget compared to some cheap looking statues of the villains, but Wingnut has four pieces of articulation in each arms AND knees. I actually just found the knees, took it for granted those were static. Not covered in paint obviously, but effective and has a few hits I would not have expected (tongue, veins on wings, fur patch under the belt I cannot even see as she sits on the desk in front of me). Ten years ago I felt a little ripped off picking up Kraangs and April, then seeing reissues of the brothers clearly cutting back on paint and stuff. Ten years later, and don't let the toy companies here this, but I feel Im shorting them of a few bucks at $15, let alone $10.

But then again, Rocksteady was $28 at EB Games and what that made me feel makes me sure $15 is definitely only a few dollars short. Then they've got some "special editions" of the turtles with more paint and less accessories for $65 and that more then balances out the low cost of these regulars.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Ah, thank you - I'll be venturing to Kmart in the morning Probably won't be there just yet, but hey, if you don't look you won't find.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

We bought some of these for the kids for Christmas, they have jumped on the TMNT train to go along with their love of Transformers and Hot Wheels

Noticed Kmart stores are pretty well stocked with the regular figures, quite easy to get all the Turtles compared to when they first came out and the full team would be one or two short

Noticed the same today, especially nice with the $10 price tag they seem to have permanently dropped to there. Bought these too quickly :/
    Was a fair amount of Superflys too at the one I went to today. No Splinter though, who is who I currently want