Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Comic Con 2023 reveals

Default San Diego Comic Con 2023 reveals

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/07/20/...-images-490587

Lots of stuff here.

Studio Series
    • 86 Commander Class Ultra Magnus. All-in-one, no inner robot.
    • ROTB Core Noah Diaz. Becomes a jet which so far as I'm aware isn't movie accurate? I've not seen it.
    • ROTB Deluxe Nightracer. Licensed Skyline alt mode (paging Goktimus Prime, who I know was keen on this)
    • 86 Core Frenzy, who is red.
    • 86 Voyager Ratchet. Repaint of Irohide.
    • Box set reissue of half of the 2007 Decepticon crew (Megatron, Starscream, Barricade, Blackout).

Legacy Evolution
    • Deluxe Powerlink Hotshot. Red Armada Hot Shot repaint with added accessories. This one comes with his minicon!
    • The usual already seen/owned Toxitron figures (Mirage, Jazz, Sideswipe, Toxitron, Deadend, blue Ramjet, Towline)
    • Kaskade & Javelin 2pack. I don't know who these characters are. One is a fairly extensive remold of Studio Series BB Arcee, and the other is a remold of that one POTP era Fembot that got 928148 repaints. Apparently this is some kind of comic book themed sniper faceoff? Kaskade looks cool.
    • Voyager Nacelle as a repaint of the Siege tetrajet mold. Colours look delicious even if the mold itself is terribly boring.
    • Leader Nova Prime. White remold of the gunned up Galaxy Prime WFC figure.
    • Menasor box set, with G1 toy accurate paint. Doesn't really look like it's worth a double dip (or triple if you're collecting the G2 repaints like I am).

Shattered Glass
    • Deluxe Sideswipe/Whisper and Voyager Rodimus 2pack. Rodimus is the SS86 figure in the usual deco. Sideswipe is a remold of the WFCSeige/Earthrise mold clearly intended to be Armada Wheeljack at some point. It has the same alt mode and a stealth fighter minicon partner.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

It's becoming an expensive year

- SS86 Ratchet- Perfection
    - SS86 Frenzy- Perfection
    - SS86 Ultra Magnus- Looks amazing

Really glad they ended up doing a hyper cartoon-focused all-in-one Magnus, even if it is what people expected from the cartoon-centric line. It's our third dip for Magnus, but the differences are clear. I've gone on about it in a couple places, but I really appreciate that they tried to make his robot back accurate, it's something past Magnuses haven't really had. Backpacks are often such an important part of those G1 guy's backs but are rarely done.

Hoping the success of this clears the way absolutely for SS86 Commander Optimus Prime in all his cartoon goodness. The Earthrise figure just doesn't cut it for me.

Nova Prime is unsurprisingly a Galaxy Upgrade retool, but it suits him and Nova is a long overdue figure if you don't count the Combiner Wars white voyager Optimus.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

That SS86 Ultra Magnus looks so good I think I'll be selling off my Masterpiece version!

Please Hasbro, redeco him as Powered Convoy and do it in a box set with red Mirage and an Earth mode Deep Cover. I'll be forever grateful.

No? Fine then, I'll settle for red Mirage.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Oooo, I was this close, ie very, to making my own Rumble.
    Looking forward to Nova Prime.
    I got the add-on kit for battle core combiner Optimus but it's a bit fiddly.
    I'd like to have one I can just swoosh around without a care in the world.

SS86 Ultra Magnus looks like a more playable MP version which is great since the kingdom version kinda sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    [*] Kaskade & Javelin 2pack. I don't know who these characters are. One is a fairly extensive remold of Studio Series BB Arcee, and the other is a remold of that one POTP era Fembot that got 928148 repaints. Apparently this is some kind of comic book themed sniper faceoff? Kaskade looks cool.
    Yeah, they are IDW characters. It's funny to me that Hasbro is doing so many IDW characters after IDW lost the Transformers license.

[*] Menasor box set, with G1 toy accurate paint. Doesn't really look like it's worth a double dip (or triple if you're collecting the G2 repaints like I am).
    I'm so tempted to quadruple dip. I have a Menasor, a set of individual Stunticons and I'm doing the G2 versions also.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

People have been asking for an Armada Wheeljack from that Sideswipe mold for years now, and Hasbro are just teasing us with that shattered glass Sideswipe.

but more importantly, my boy is coming.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I am so happy to see Mini-Cons back - almost want to get that shattered glass set just to pick up another one (and damn, they've got me wanting another Hot Shot!)

Movie SS stuff looks rad (even if not super accurate re Noah's suit), and I am keen for Nova Prime and the Stranger Things collab figure too! https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/07/21/...evealed-491141

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    I am so happy to see Mini-Cons back - almost want to get that shattered glass set just to pick up another one (and damn, they've got me wanting another Hot Shot!)

Movie SS stuff looks rad (even if not super accurate re Noah's suit), and I am keen for Nova Prime and the Stranger Things collab figure too! https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/07/21/...evealed-491141
    Totally missed the crossover. I know *nothing* about the show, but a transforming Pizza mobile? Go great with my Ninja Turtle collection, and the robot mode looks really cool
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I also know nothing about the show. I find it interesting they have a VW license on the pizza mobile.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.