Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Hypo-line - Evolution
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New^heavy retool of Legacy Shrapnel
    Wave - 7
    Released here - August 2023
    Approximate Retail Price - $35
    Approximate Size - 16cm (robot height varies depending on mortar configuration)
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Sub-Group - Insecticon
    Alt-mode - robotic rhinoceros beetle
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Evo-Fusion compatibility
    Main Colours - black, purple, silver
    Main Accessories - x2 insect leg/blaster parts, x1 twin-ion impulse blaster

HasTak have done a reasonably good job in making Legacy Bombshell look like the cartoon model. The biggest deviation is the chest colour being purple in both robot and Insecticon modes; in the cartoon model it's a grey chest in robot mode, but a purple dorsal thorax in Insecticon mode. Obviously this is impossible for a toy to do. The toy also adds silver on the upper arms and fists, as well as black highlights on the waist.

Overall a very nice "poor man's Masterpiece" toy. Definitely recommended.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 3rd February 2024 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Corrected mould status

I've seen someone swap the black hip pieces from Bombshell with the silver hip pieces from Shrapnel.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I haven't got a hold of this one yet, however based on pictures I'm pretty upset they didn't go the extra mile and give him unique legs / have a rounded bulbous abdomen.

You'd think it'd be the least they could do knowing they were going to get more than one dip of this mould with Barrage, Diaclone and possibly collectors pack.

I only hope they saved money here... somewhere, so that they can give us a faithful unique Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I haven't got a hold of this one yet, however based on pictures I'm pretty upset they didn't go the extra mile and give him unique legs / have a rounded bulbous abdomen.

You'd think it'd be the least they could do knowing they were going to get more than one dip of this mould with Barrage, Diaclone and possibly collectors pack.

I only hope they saved money here... somewhere, so that they can give us a faithful unique Venom.
    Man, you summ up my feelings very accurately. The legs for Bombshell here just do not look good. In robot mode their fine, but for insect mode, eeeyargh! They are absolutely disgusting. Like Shrapnel doesn't look terribly bug like, but he's close enough.
    Bombshell however has a serious case of looking like two different robots have been smashed together. I got him because I love the Insecticons, but damn, why'd they have to do him so badly.

Maybe a 3rd party upgrade will fix up beautiful Bomshell? I adore the character but he’s not bug like . Can’t wait for a retro g1 reissue
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Maybe a 3rd party upgrade will fix up beautiful Bomshell?
    Probably could, but the fact of the matter stands, that Bombshell shouldn't need a 3rd party upgrade. It'd probably be quite simple to give him legs that match the rest of him. But they went the lazy route and didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    But they went the lazy route and didn't.
    I suspect that it may be due to how this toy was gang-moulded as an extensive retool of Legacy Shrapnel.
    I did erroneously state that Bombshell was a new mould in my initial post; I have corrected this. But sometimes even new moulds can have off colours due to gang moulding to save money, such as the black fists on Legacy Skids.

I'm hoping there'll be a Gen Select version where he's done properly