• Only if cheap

2 33.33%
  • Only if something else (specify)

1 16.67%
  • No

3 50.00%
  • Not even interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - SHADOW STRIKER (Legacy)

Default Toy Review - SHADOW STRIKER (Legacy)

Cyberverse Universe SHADOW STRIKER
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Hypo-line - Evolution
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 7
    Released here - August 2023
    Approximate Retail Price - $35
    Approximate Size - 12.5cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - sports car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Evo-Fusion compatibility
    Main Colours - purple with red, silver and black accents
    Main Accessories - gun, canopy shield, rear panel shield

The body and weapons are modelled after the original Shadow Striker (repaint/retool of Speedbreaker), with the head and overall colour scheme being an homage to Cyberverse Shadow Striker. The bonnet panels have a low tolerance and required quite a bit of panel massaging to get them to sit flush. The shoulders have a weird design where they allow the arms to either swing up and down or side to side, but not both at once. You have to reconfigure the shoulders if you want to toggle between moving the arms sideways or frontways. Not only is this inconvenient for posing, but it also becomes a significant impediment during toy play. And given than play is the core function of a toy, I would have to say that this toy isn't worth getting. This toy is likely a pre-tool for an upcoming Generations RiD Side Burn (w/ a potential Universe Roulette & Shadow Striker redecos); but unless they fix these shoulders, any redeco of this toy will inherit the flawed shoulder design.

That’s a disappointing review to read…… I really liked the character, and had high hopes for a Universe Roulette/Shadow Striker two pack).
    But the arm/shoulder problems, and lack of posing ability is a shame. I hope they can do a redesign/remold for the Sideburn and later Roulette release, maybe?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Hm, maybe I'll hold off from opening mine then, she does looks a bit gimpy

yeah that is butt-ugly. i like to think she's unrelated to the silhouette/shadowstalker character because this has become a frankenstein union of the two. but it is nice to see a unique car transformation.

The figure is very compromised and isn't much fun as a Transformer.

The hood/chest transformation engineering is novel enough to be interesting, but doesn't quite sit right. The car side panels have some issues tabbing together on my copy, and the overall product seems to sit as a bit of a block.

It sadly doesn't do a great job of representing the Cyberverse Shadowstriker in any manner (car mode, colour palette, robot silhouette) except the head sculpt, or any real flair of character to make it stand out.

I said only get if cheap, but I should probably add only get if interested in bolstering your Decepticon numbers (every army needs some cannon-fodder) and you can get it cheap. I got it in a 30% JB sale and still felt it wasn't quite worth it.