Wave - Seven
Released here - September 2023
Approximate Retail Prize - $53
Approximate Size - 16.5cm to top of head, 17cm to tips of back-mounted barrels
Allegiance - Decepticon
Sub-Group - Pretender
Affiliation - Mayhem Attack Squad
Alt-mode - Cybertronian tank
Main Features/Gimmicks - Evo-Fusion compatibility with ancillary modular figures
Main Colours - gunmetal grey, orange, brown, green, silvers, black
Main accessories - tank turret base, x2 cannons, x1 sword

Note: this toy is a repaint and retool of Legacy Tarn. This thread will focus on changes made; refer to the Tarn review thread for comments about the original mould.

This toy's design is inspired by Bludgeon's appearance in the rebooted IDW comics. The overall design is more like G1 Bludgeon's Pretender shell and next to nothing like G1 Bludgeon himself. This isn't unusual; Legacy Bomb-Burst and Iguanus also have robot modes that are shameless based on their shells, not the robots. Legacy Skullgrin had the body of Skullgrin with the head of the shell, and Legacy Metalhawk is currently the only one that's entirely based on the actual Transformer, not his outer shell; which I personally much prefer. The Pretender shells were the accessories for the Transformers, not the Transformers themselves. He does have a tank mode, but it bears no similarity to Bludgeon's G1 tank mode.

Of course, none of that matters to today's kids who have no G1-bias. On a more objective note, I'd say the main fault with this toy is the lack of sufficient clearance for the head. Tarn's head is much rounder than Bludgeon's, and Bludgeon's crest can make it tricky to tuck it in. I was able to do it by jiggling it into place; not having it tucked in properly affects the ability for the chest to fold up. The skull face is silver, which kinda looks weird as I'm used to seeing Bludgeon's Pretender face being bone-white. I'm normally not a fan of toys with open mouths, but for some reason Bludgeon's gaping maw doesn't bother me. It should, but it doesn't. <shrugs>

Overall - is this toy worth getting?
Not really. In all honesty, Revenge of the Fallen Bludgeon remains the best Bludgeon toy made thus far (and given that ROTF Bludgeon was originally inspired by IDW Stormbringer Bludgeon, only to be tweaked and repurposed as Bayformers Bludgeon; the toy is easily re-repurposable as a G1 CHUG Bludgeon). Both ROTF and TL Bludgeons are Voyagers, but IMO ROTF Bludgeon gives you far more bang for your buck. ROTF Bludgeon looks better and is more fun to play with in both robot and tank modes; ROTF Bludgeon is still the only Bludgeon with a tank mode based on an actual tank (Mitsubishi Type 90), which makes it reign supreme as a robot in disguise. Legacy Bludgeon's tank mode isn't fooling anyone.

Still, TL Bludgeon is still a cromulent Bludgeon toy. Recommended only if you don't already have ROTF Bludgeon.