Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome issue?

Default Google Chrome issue?

Howdy folks,

I seem to have an issue with the board displaying using google chrome. When I use MS Edge, board displays fine, with vb4 as my chosen skin. But in chrome, when I try to view the board, it seems to display all over the place - I have vb4 as my selected skin for this as well but its just almost unreadable. Anyone else have this issue or have a solution for this?
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Howdy folks,

I seem to have an issue with the board displaying using google chrome. When I use MS Edge, board displays fine, with vb4 as my chosen skin. But in chrome, when I try to view the board, it seems to display all over the place - I have vb4 as my selected skin for this as well but its just almost unreadable. Anyone else have this issue or have a solution for this?
    Don't worry, it's happening to me to. Google Chrome won't display properly but Safari works just fine. I'm using a Mac if that makes a difference. Sorry I don't have any solutions.

Me three - if you can call it a plus, means i can't easily check the boards at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    ...in chrome, when I try to view the board, it seems to display all over the place.
    Do you mean the content loads without borders, colour or formatting? I too can replicate this issue in Google Chrome. Reloading doesn't help.

The style sheet probably isn't loading in Chrome. When I click on the HTTPS lock in the address bar in Chrome, it shows the following error: "Your connection to this site is not fully secure".

In Mozilla Firefox there is intermittent lack of formatting when I click 'Back' to a previous page. However, it appears to correct itself after the page is reloaded.

Yep this is the same as me - I have found that the site has started displaying again but it is showing as not secure.

Yeah this has been happening to me for at least a month.

All versions of chrome, on two different PC's and also on mobile.

I actually found a fix, you need to go to Chromes site settings for OTCA (chrome://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.otca.com.au), scroll down to "Insecure content" and choose allow.

But... that doesn't sit super right with me.

The issues mentioned here might be related to issues mentioned in the 'board update june 2022' thread.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is that it? A Chrome issue? I thought the boards had been down for weeks now. It only just occurred to me to try a different browser, and I'm still struggling in Edge (though that's probably just because it's Edge).

Do we have an ETA on a fix @Griffin? This is devastating.

The board is finally working for me again, after months of not displaying on Chrome, which is my default browser. Thanks to whoever fixed it.

Google Chrome is still not working for me. Safari on the other hand works just fine.