Thread: ToyHax news and discussion thread

Default ToyHax news and discussion thread

ToyHax stickers for Studio Series 86 Ratchet now available
    https://toyhax.com/for-legacy/8233-l...6-ratchet.html

Studio Series 86 Ironhide and Ratchet look so much nicer with the ToyHax labels IMO. Especially Ratchet who now has ambulance markings and isn't just a white van with a strobe light.

"Ratchet defies the Geneva Conventions"

Meh, Ratchet lives in a world where Mirage can drive around public roads as a Formula-1 race car with unique livery, and nobody bats an eyelid.

Honestly if Hasbro had just included the red stripes, I may not have bothered getting these Reprolabels. I didn't bother adding any extra stickers on my MP Ratchet, since he has painted stripes. The lack of red stripes was what bugged me, and is also less accurate to how Japanese Nissan ambulances in the 1980s actually looked like.

Same with the lack lf yellow stripes on Ironhide. It's the absence of these stripes that prompted me to get these stickers for Ironhide and Ratchet. I just added these extra stickers cos... they were there. And there were a lot of other stickers that I didn't use, especially with Ironhide.

I only covered up one of Ratchet's shoulders because I like him to have an Autobot logo on at least one shoulder. I did the same thing with MP Ratchet. I was hoping that ToyHax would include an Autobot logo on a Red Cross like TakaraTomy did w/ MP Ratchet, but they didn't, so I've just left one shoulder with the Autobot logo on the Star of Life instead.

Added rub stickers to officially factionless Transformers.

Miner Megatron:

Orion Pax:

Dion:

Ariel:

Senator Ratbat:

Senator Shockwave:

Mars is red, space is sparse. I've got you staring at Shockwave's arsenal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I also used ToyHax stickers on Gens Selects Cordon. I really did not like his lack of any police car decoes, as the default look is nothing more than a white car with a strobe light; he could be a pace car for all we know. I didn't really care about putting stickers on Spin Out, but I put some on anyone since they were one set. I used Spin Out's stickers more sparingly though; didn't bother with any of the emergency vehicle stickers for him.

I also used the red eye stickers from SS86 Ratchet's stickers and put them on Cordon.

It always bugged me that he had Diaclone-inaccurate blue eyes, especially considering that Cordon never appeared in the Sunbow cartoon! But they gave Spin Out Diaclone-accurate yellow eyes, which just triggered my OCD something chronic.

I also put the yellow eye stickers from SS86 Ratchet's stickers on Legacy Laser Optimus Prime.

Again, Laser Optimus Prime never appeared in any G2-era media with blue eyes. The original toy had clear transparent eyes, so I guess white might be more accurate. I don't mind blue eyes per se, but the blue used on Legacy Optimus Prime just blended with the helmet, giving him the appearance of "dead" eyes. If you're going to use blue eyes on a toy with a blue helmet, use bright blue to make it stand out (as with Volvo Optimus Prime).

SS86 Ratchet's stickers also comes with a pair of red eyes (I guess for people who want to make him look like "Attack of the Autobots" Ratchet. I might put them on my Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime. He had red eyes in the Marvel Comics. And since Season 5 of the Sunbow cartoon never aired here, I have no emotional attachment with that blue-eyed puppet, sorry Tommy Kennedy...

Update: The red eye stickers for SS86 Ratchet which fit on GS Cordon are too small for TR Powermaster Optimus Prime, so I ended up just painting his eyes red instead.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 15th January 2024 at 10:49 PM.