• Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if something else (specify)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 50.00%

Thread: Toy Review - DEATHSAURUS (Legacy)

Default Toy Review - DEATHSAURUS (Legacy)

DEATHSAURUS
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Hypo-line - Victory
    Size/class - Commander
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - N/A
    Released here - December 2023
    Approximate Retail Price - $368
    Approximate Size (alt mode) - 24cm (H; ground to top of wings), 36cm (L; beak tip to tail), 37cm (W; max wingspan)
    Approximate Size (robot mode height) - 28.5cm to top of head, 33.5cm to tip of wings (max)
    Sub-Group - Breastmaster
    Breastmaster Components - Eaglechest & Tigerchest
    Micromasters - Boater & Pipo (say "Peepoh"*)
    Alt-mode - robotic griffin dragon
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Double Breastmaster
    Main Colours - blue, pale blue, gold, white, black
    Main Accessories - shield, sword, arrow, cannon, flail, x6 blast effects pieces; flight stand (base, armature, connector), throne

Comparison with G1 Deszaras (photo by heroic decepticon)

Box, front and back

Rescue Patrol Team
    L-R: Fire, Boater, Peepoh, Holy

Boater and Peepoh come w/ Deszaras, while Fire and Holy came with Victory Sabre. Unlike Fire and Holy who are repaints of Siege Red Hot and Stakeout, Boater and Peepoh are original moulds. Having never been part of the WFC Micromaster range, they are free from having tertiary weapon modes, and are much more solid figures for it. IMO this is how CHUG Micromasters should be designed, because who seriously wanted Micromasters to transform into combinable guns?
    I forgot to take photos of these Micromasters in vehicle mode. Whoops...

Deszaras in bare robot mode

Deszaras with Eaglebreast (L) and Tigerbreast (R)

On flight stand in robot mode

Shield attached to right shoulder. Unfortunately there is no connector for the shield on the left shoulder, so it can only be mounted on the right.

Sword mounted on back

Cannon

Flail

Eaglebreast and Tigerbreast in their respective weapon modes.

Sitting on throne; breasts on and breasts off

Deszaras vs Victory Sabre

Robotic griffin dragon mode

On flight stand in alt mode with blast effects attached to mouth

Cannon attaches to alt mode shoulder (not very firmly though)

Deszaras gets taken down by the Rescue Patrol Team

Overall
    Deszaras is a massive unit; about the same size as Victory Sabre, only that he's one robot. The fists actually hold the weapons quite tightly despite having finger articulation and palm tabs; usually something that I find causes looser weapon grips. The toy looks great in both modes and all the weapons and accessories look good too. Nothing here feels unfinished like the unpainted head on Legacy Brain of Courage (Star Sabre's Brainmaster component). Both Eaglebreast and Tigerbreast look and play well. The addition of gold chrome also looks great (whereas Victory Sabre replaced the chrome with metallic paints). As mentioned before, Boater and Peepoh are really nice Micromasters that feel superior to the WFC Micromasters since they don't have weapon modes. My only minor nitpicks are:
    * the griffin dragon head doesn't lock firmly onto the robot back. There's nothing to tab it into place and it just hangs there.
    * the griffin dragon neck joint on mine is a bit loose and also has no locking feature
    * the storage compartment for the flail is just the inside of the griffin dragon neck. It feels more like an afterthought rather than having been explicitly designed to store that weapon.

At $368, while not the most expensive Transformer ever, it would certainly be up there. I think that this is also the most expensive CHUG toy ever - Legacy Victory Sabre is $1 dearer, but not including the Micromasters that's two 'bots (Star Sabre and Victory Leo); whereas here you're basically paying $368 for a single figure. It's the most expensive Transformer I've ever bought. Is it worth buying? In the context of being a crowd-funded limited figure, which will obviously be significantly dearer than regular figures, I think it's worth the price of admission.

Recommended.

-----------------------
    *Peepoh's name is the Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound of an emergency siren; basically the equivalent of "Nee-Naw."

If anyone is still having issues getting Deszaras to sit properly on his throne without slouching, I've made this short video demonstrating how to seat the toy correctly:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHHgLio5ia4

What no vehicle mode pics of Pibo and Boater?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister